nickey camaros - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 01, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Question

I have a 1976 Nickey camaro with price tags on parts of engine. It is a 454 LS6 m22 4sp
Does anyone know how I would go about documenting it? All I have is 4 people that
have personal knowledge of the car. Original owner is now deceased. He went to Chicago and purchased the car from a dealership and transported to Nickey Performance himself. 1974 Petersen's Hot Rod yearbook #14 is all I have besides the price tags and 4 people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 01, 01:56 PM
Tech Team

I had no idea those even existed.....

I thought Nickey stopped business in '73?

Sounds like a sweet car though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 01, 02:35 AM
Senior Tech

There is a guy here that has a Nickey in a juckyard makes me made ever time I see it . And no he will not sell it boy have I tryed to buy it. Back in the late 70's there were 5 Nickeys here and 3 Motions those were the days.

69RS Z/28 82 C10 300HP 350 96 IMAPLA SS

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 01, 09:48 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DickiesNickey:
I have a 1976 Nickey camaro with price tags on parts of engine. It is a 454 LS6 m22 4sp
Does anyone know how I would go about documenting it? All I have is 4 people that
have personal knowledge of the car. Original owner is now deceased. He went to Chicago and purchased the car from a dealership and transported to Nickey Performance himself. 1974 Petersen's Hot Rod yearbook #14 is all I have besides the price tags and 4 people.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the exact same problem. only I own a 1975 corvette with a Nickey 454-460hp engine.
I know it is a nickey but the documentation is what Im trying to construct.The original owner bought the car on the east coast and shipped it to chicago right away to Nickey Chevrolet for the retrofit of the 454.My car has only 5400 original miles on it.I understand that Nickey mainly built High performance engins for the camero. I was told that my vette is one of only 30-40 out there with a nickey.Does anyone know of any ex-Nickey employee out there some where?
Thanks. ken haney
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 01, 03:16 PM
Senior Tech

These cars fall into the same category of cars that were purchased new and later modified by Motion or other dealers. They are still neat cars, but will never command anywhere near the value of a car purchased and modified at Nickey and sold as a new car w/the mods already in place. Same hold for cars sold through Baldwin Chev. and modified by Motion as new cars prior to initial delivery to the customer. Good luck with the documentation.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 01, 03:29 PM
Senior Tech

I just posted an old article on my site about mid 70's dealer prepped supercars.

see: http://www.motionperformance.com/magazine/75muscle.html

Seems everyone was being very careful in how they defined what they were doing back then.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 05:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

Great article.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 09, 01:43 PM
Senior Tech
Stefano

Re: nickey camaros

Nickey Chevrolet closed in 1973. The Nickey Chicago Speed Shop and Conversion Company continued to advertise, build and sell Super Car conversions until they closed in 1977. Documented examples of these cars can be very collectable as well as valuable.

Stefano Bimbi
NicKey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode