rear quarter windows - refurb - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 01, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

hey guys. I need to spend some tiem on my rear quarter windows. They crank down fine, but when you crank them up you need to help the front upper corner to get it in place. The front upper corner wants to kind of droop down. Looking in Rick's catalog, I see different rollers and guides and etc.........Anybody gone throught theirs and refurbished them? Is it just some worn out nylon rollers? AND....How the heck do you get the regulator out of the panel to work on it? this is one of those putsy little things that has driven my nuts for years and so I figured it's a good weekend project while the weather is still cold way up in Minnesota here! thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 01, 04:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

First you have to remove the rubber quarter window door jamb seal, then loosen the four adjusting nuts that hold the roller guide so you can remove the glass. After that remove the roller guide and then the regulator. It's a little tricky but not too difficult. For installation you have to play with the guide and the window until you insert the rollers in the guide and then work the four adjusting nuts to relocate the glass in the correct position. Also if you plan to remove the rollers, better to have a window roller nut tool at hand and plenty of penetrating oil to free them. Normally they are way rusted. Hope this help...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 01, 06:12 PM
Senior Tech

I had a roller actually break on my passenger side quarter window, preventing me from putting it up once. Orench's description of how to remove the window is right on. I suggest you take the glass to an automotive glass shop to have the rollers removed from the glass. That's what I did...they only charged me like $5 to remove them and install the new ones.

------------------
Justin
-1967 Camaro SS350

www-student.furman.edu/users/j/jtrauner

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 01, 06:43 AM
Tech Team

My windows had the same problem. They wouldnt roll up without help. So.... I noticed the rollers were in decent shape but the tracks were bone dry... I bought a spray can of White Lithium grease. It had one of those tiny red straws you stick in the tip. I coated the tracks and rollers. They work like new again and I didnt even have to remove them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode