emblem replacement - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Question

I am going to be replacing some of my current emblems on my 69. The car is currently a Z/28 clone. I am about to purchase the emblems. They sell a kit called the Std. emblem barrel nut kit. they say these are push on types. Has anyone used these mounts before, and are they decent? they also mention the original style screw on types. not sure if these would be better or not. Note: I am looking at the classic Industries barrel nut kit, pg. 203 in the C2000 catalog. Where could I buy the screw on types?

On a side note, I just recieved an order from classic industries and the parts were beautiful. no flaws at all.

Thanx everyone for there advice...

Sincerely,
Scottson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 09:12 AM
Senior Tech

Cool

hi scott I tried many different types of barrel clips after my camaro was painted. the camaro fender emblem is very difficult to install without almost removing the fender. for this reason the body shop and i hoped the barrel clips would work. due to the draft angle and amount of chrome plating on each post being different we had no success and removed the fenders. all other emblems on the camaro have rear access to the posts making the original style nuts the better choice.
Dave Grover
[email protected]
69 z28
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 11:32 AM
Senior Tech

Check out Rick's First Gen they have just about everything u could think of for firs gen camaros .. They shou have what ur lookin for.

------------------
69 Camaro RS, 355ci mild cam, Preformer rpm intake, edelbrock 600 carb, 350 turbo w/ shift kit 2500 stall, 10 bolt 2.73 any more questions ask

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 12:52 PM
Senior Tech

I used the barrel nuts on the fender emblems on my 67 (Camaro, cross flags, and 350 emblems). They went in easy (make painstaking measurments, measure 20 times and drill once, and file the holes out carefully to accomodate the nuts). I pushed the nuts into the holes I drilled in the fenders and then pushed the emblems into the barrel nuts. The emblems are very secure in the fenders and can be removed without much affair as well--no fender removal required.

------------------
Justin Traunero
[email protected]

-1967 Camaro SS350 clone

http://156.143.134.136/default.htm
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 02:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

You could also use trim/emblem adhesive around the posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 03:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

For the Camaro emblems, on my 68 fenders, I used the push on type. Just be very careful when drilling. I used a set good of drill bits and started with a thin one and keep going up in size 'til the desired hole is achieved, so the push on type went in perfectly. Again for the Camaro emblems it was OK but for the SS emblems in the same fenders it was another story, the stems are so thick and the barrel nuts ended being thicker than the stems so I decided to put some black silicone behind them to hold it in place. I jusyt have to be careful when washing the car. This until I have to remove the fenders for any reason and then I'll use the original nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode