fan shroud clips - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 01, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Red face

how in the hell are you supposed to get the fan shroud into the fan shroud clips on the radiator??????? with the piece of the shroud that goes under the bottom of the rad, i don't see how you lift the shroud high enough to slide into the clips. this has got me stumped. i don't want to risk breaking a brand new fan shroud.
tybor (68 w/ 327)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 01, 05:02 AM
Senior Tech

Put the clip on the radiator first. Then when you install the shroud, push the clips onto the thin piece of metal on the radiator. Mine was missing the one on the pass side, but thankfully, my old radiator had it. I can take a pic for you after work and email it to you. If you need a pic, email me and I will attach pic to my response.

------------------
There is nothing like doing it yourself. www.creeksideclassics.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 01, 11:31 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

Tybor, I was just as frustrated trying to install those exact same friggin' little clips this winter when I put in my engine. I gave up though, just put a couple small, short sheetmetal screws through the bottom of the shroud into the bottom of the radiator frame. I concluded that they were either wrong for my application or they were a Spy TV prank. Good luck.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 01, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

ah hah!
eric, looks like we are the victims of some eviiiil scheme. sorry you had that trouble, but it's good to know i'm not just going crazy. your solution sounds like a good one. thanks again.
tybor
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 01, 12:42 PM
Senior Tech

When I did mine I put the shroud in the clip on the pass. side and then went under with a large screw driver about 6 inches from the end on the drivers side between the bottom of rad. and the shroud. Then just push the shroud up and into the clip using the screwdriver to keep the shroud underneath the rad. From underneath with good light you should be able to see exactly how far to push it up. Then, once you get it on the bottom clip, use small sheet metal screws to secure to bottom of rad. as mentioned above. Worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode