Pushrods - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Hi all, I am in need of a bit of help. I can get a hold of a 400 sbc, but it is just the core. That is fine as I will be building it from the ground up. I am curious if I can use these pushrods I have from a 305 in it. (I will be putting on some aftermarket heads later if that makes any difference in height, not sure)

Help is appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
BW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 12:01 PM

You should be able to, but you can get some decent hardended ones for under $35.00 or so.

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Holley 750DP, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 12:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Question

Hello all. I have a question regarding the push rods as well and other valve train pieces. I'm putting a 302 together from the ground up since the original one from my Z is long gone. I need to know if its absolutely neccesary to used the specific "O" stamp hi-po GM rockers for the solid lifter 30/30 cam or can the "triangle" stamp rockers be ok? I understand that the "O" rockers are long slot...correct me if I'm wrong, and the other are not long slot. Any suggestions? I'm wanting as close to a stock look as possible.

Also...Tracy Focht the hardened push rods your speaking of...where can they be had?

Thanks,
Gary

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 12:37 PM
Senior Tech
Bob

When I'm building an engine, I don't reuse any wear part, pushrods, lifters, rockers etc.... You want your parts to all wear in to each other. If the parts are available, and not major cost parts,use new ones.Why put old stressed parts in a new tight motor,you are asking for trouble.

------------------
Bob
Garnet Red 69/SS396/TH400/355 Posi
94 HD Dyna Wideglide
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 01, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Good point. I never realized hardened rods were so cheap. I will just get new ones then. Thanks for the tips!

BW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode