audio system for the 68 - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 99, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

i would appreciate online resources for audio equipment, other than classic camaro type stuff. if u can help thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 99, 06:58 PM
Senior Tech
Carl

Are you looking for OEM or aftermarket equipment?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 99, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

aftermarket,but no the custom autosound stuff

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 99, 06:36 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

For the head unit, a Kenwood KRC-3006 will fit reasonably well, has good features, and is about the only shaft mount type unit with CD changer controls. You will need to purchase an aftermarket faceplate from someplace like Rick's First Generation in order to make the installation look professional. You can pick up one of these head units mail order for $140. Infinity Kappa 462.1 4" x 6" plate speakers will fit behind the front kick panels. You may want to consider using the reproduction front kick panel grilles to retain the factory appearance. The only modification you may have to make is to install a shorter door hinge bolt because the speakers take up the same space as the long-threaded bolts. Take your pick for 6" x 9" speakers for the rear shelf. Again, you may want to consider reproduction grilles for the rear shelf. If you choose to run an amplifier(s) or sub-woofer(s) there is plenty of room to do so in the trunk. For a clean and stealthy installation, if you choose a 4-channel amplifier and 10-disk CD changer you can mount both components along with the rear speakers under the rear seat shelf. If done with patience and skill you would have to practically climb into the trunk to see your work, plus, you still have a functional trunk.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 99, 07:15 AM
Senior Tech

I wanted the 90's technology and sound for my ride but did not want to loose the stock look of the dash. I moulded a piece of plexi-glass to replace the damaged glove box compartment. Cut out for the stereo, installed, and now my sound system is out sight in the glove box. the unit sits right on top of the heater box for back end support. As far as seting the station / volume the remote works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode