1969 Z10 camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 01, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i am getting a good deal or not a friend of mine is selling a 1969 hard top pace car. i have checked the trim plate and it reads Z10 in the center and there is some numbers in the left coner followed by NOR and below Z10 it says 50-50 PNT the car has only 13780 miles on it and is all original he offered it to me for 6500 plus the 3000 that he owes me should it take the deal or not and is this just another car or is it something rare. thanks Jared

the thing is is that i have known about this car since he bought it in 1972 and it has all the paper work i just did not know much about camaros and wanted to known if i was getting something worth the money

the man is in real need for money and i think he knows what he has got it is just that i have been a good friend and i am trying to help him out by buying the car even if it sets me back just a little

[This message has been edited by jared pielhau (edited 06-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by jared pielhau (edited 06-16-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 01, 02:09 PM
Senior Tech

Red face

Depending upon condition (rust) - I'd take a deal like that every day of the week. There aren't that many Z10's - and in today's marketplace - base cars are bringing in 10k in good shape.

I would take the 13k miles with a grain of salt - the car should appear brand new with only that many miles - check worn carpet - worn brake petal etc - or just figure the 13k is a story and enjoy the car...

Personally I'd love to have a Z10 - buy it and turn it around to me! I'd be willing to give you a profit...

Steve

PS... Welcome to the BEST site on the web - and post all of the trim tag information,vin #, engine number (pad in front were head meets block, tranny #'s - we can tell for sure what you're getting (after all - could be a fake z10)

[This message has been edited by Dobek (edited 06-15-2001).]
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 01, 02:23 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

The Z10 code should be in the lower right corner of the trim tag on the 3rd line of text. It is under the paint code (50-50 PNT) not in the middle of the tag.

Build date should be in the 04C to 05A range which is the number to the left of the Z10 code. Possible codes are 04C, 04D, 04L, 05A. The car will have either an L48 350/300HP engine or one of the three possible 396 ci engines. It will also have power front disc brakes, multi leaf rear springs, 12 bolt rear axle and dual exhaust.

Obviously condition is very important to determining a cars value, but a numbers matching Z10 with 13K miles is easily worth twice what he's offered it to you with a small block. If it has a big block you could probably add another 3 to 5K.

Just make sure it is what it is claimed to be. Post the entire trim tag data and the VIN number an someone will decode the info for you.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 01, 04:42 AM
Senior Tech

The Z10 is a 69 pase care with out the decales the Z-11 is the one with the decales along the doors. A z-10 pacecar is a highly desirable car in todays market and there wern't very many produced. Even if the car is a rust bucket it would be worth the 6,500 especialy if it only has 13,000 miles. I would definately make sure it is a REAL Z-10 and if it is I would steal it up before someone else comes along and does it.

------------------
69 Camaro RS, 355ci mild cam, Preformer rpm intake, edelbrock 600 carb, 350 turbo w/ shift kit 2500 stall, 10 bolt 2.73 any more questions ask
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 01, 06:30 AM
Senior Tech
Dan

Send a message via AIM to DanCamm
Thumbs up

As long as you can positively verify it as a Z10 car, I'd jump at that deal...that car, for that price....even as a basket case it would be a great deal...I've seen Z11 cars in pieces go for more than that, and in my opinion, the Z10 is actually a more desireable car.

------------------
Dan Camm
1969 Daytona Yellow RS/SS
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 01, 10:21 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

I think any 69 Camaro with 13000 miles, even in a six cylinder should be worth 10 grand. Unless the car was sitting in a field it is worth the money. I am sorry but something isn't right with this post. If a person had a Z10 since 1972 he must be in dire straits to sell it for 10,000. I guess what shape the car is in will dictate the price, but it still doesn't seem right.

------------------
Only 69 Z/28s
Garnet Red 30,000 mi
Glacier Blue
Rally Green new in 69
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 01, 05:22 PM
Tech Team

i also just found a z10 .an original arizona car.from courtesy chevrolet in phoenix.rode hard and put away wet...drag raced,non orig drive train..roll bar...but original big block car and z10 on tag...16,000 with drive train.or 14,000 without engine and trans.absolute rust free car...what do you guys think? ..

------------------
1969 z11 pace car.396/350 hp..1997 30th convertible brickyard pace car no.1-1965 chevelle malibu,and looking for a 69.Z10,S.S.or [email protected]
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 01, 04:50 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 69CamaroRacer:
The Z10 is a 69 pase care with out the decales the Z-11 is the one with the decales along the doors. A z-10 pacecar is a highly desirable car in todays market and there wern't very many produced..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Z-10 is a coupe and is often refered to as a pace car coupe but it had nothing to do with the Indy 500.. It didn't always have orange interior. It is indeed a very rare car.

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 01, 03:05 AM
Senior Tech
Gary

Did the Z 10 come with the pace car decal in the trunk, like the Z11?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 01, 03:40 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
No it didn't.

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode