Berlinetta to Z/28 look a like...... - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 01, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Question

I am thinking about purchasing a 1979 Berlinetta for $1500 in good condition. Minor rust in 3 spots has 350ci with 4speed. But I want it too look like the Z/28's, with the flares at bottom of front and side vents and hood and so on. How hard will it be to convert it to a Z/28 Clone. Where would I find all the badging and GFX's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 01, 04:08 PM

Talking

You would have to purchase new fenders(around 380.00, they have holes for the louvers), the side vents(non functional) are sold seperately(around 100.00 if you can find them new). You can keep your current hood cause they sell just the hood scoop for around 60.00 (i'm not sure on the quality of these ones). You would also need a new grille, or paint yours black. You would need to either paint the headlight and turn light bezels black or buy new ones. The front spoiler and front wheel flares are going to run around 200.00. You should have a rear spoiler already. You can get the Z28 stripes for as cheap as 160.00 and I have seen some advertised for almost 700.00. The Z28 emblems on the grill and the fuel door are hard to find, but possible. Also if you really want to make it a clone there is the steering wheel, wheels, dash instruments, Z28 plug for the manual windows if it's pwr. window equiped, also the 4-speed close ratio trans that only came in the Z28, the black colored trim around the front and back window (not chrome), and the 3.73 rear end, I might be forgetting a little more. You could probably find most of these parts in good shape for a lot cheaper than reproduction or GM replacements.

[This message has been edited by Sparky3 (edited 04-19-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode