restoration - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 99, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

can any one tell me where i could find good info on colors of certain chassis parts exc. and inspection marks location and color i am trying to restore a 67 camaro rs convertible back to factory original
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 99, 06:14 PM
Senior Tech

I got a book thats pretty good its made by Motorbooks International, Authentic Restoration Guides, Camaro 1967-1969. It has alot of info and good illustrations. There are more good books and guides out there check out camaro part suppliers also.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 99, 05:25 AM
Senior Tech

Bigguster, the book mentioned above has been very helpful to me also in the areas you mentioned. It will give you a listing of the tags that should go on coil springs, leaf springs etc. It is also very thorough on code deciphering. Also, go to the home page for this site and find the category "resto shop" on the left hand side. You will find a section in there that lists by part what the finishes should be on the steering, suspension and subframe parts. This was very helpful also. I have not found a source that tells what paint daubs went on which parts and what colors are correct. I have had good luck cleaning these parts and finding remanants of some of the old markings but not always. And if your car doesn't have some of it's original parts, it won't matter. Can anyone else help?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 99, 01:41 PM
Senior Tech

I don't know if Ground Up has them, but Classic Industries has a kit that has all the paints, brushes, marking crayons, and instructions. Expensive, but worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode