gas fill problem - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 13th, 00, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

anyone have or solved this problem? i live in new jersey where he can't pump our own gas. yesterday for the second time the nozzel shot out of my gas tank and shot gas everywhere. this is happening because of the smaller diameter fill nozzel for unleaded fuel. is there a insert for the fuel tank or should i just get my lazy butt out and hold it every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 13th, 00, 07:36 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Whats more important, keeping your seats warm or protecting the paint?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 13th, 00, 07:44 AM
Tech Team
Dave

Yea, I'm all ears. Here in MA we have those stupid push down type epa gas nozzles. On my 67 I have to hold it in so it doesn't fall out and spray gas everywhere. Maybe it's a plot to discurage us from driving our gas hungry hot rods!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 14th, 00, 07:05 PM
Senior Tech

Hello all,

I hear the problem.....I have the same thing with my 67. I have to hold the nozzle the whole time, but sometimes the nozzles don't shut off automatically. I have found that I can listen to the sound of the gas going in to the tank to approximate when to stop. I have also found that pushing the nozzle in as far as it will go and lifting up on the handle to keep the nozzle against the bottom edge of the fill tube works pretty well to aid the automatic pump shutoff. Just be attentive and observant and watch the amount of gas and when you think it's getting close to being full, listen closely....you'll notice the noise change dramatically before the gas sprays all over the bumper.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 14th, 00, 07:57 PM
Senior Tech

Is that some whacked full employment plan? I hear Oregon has the same rules about not having self service gas. I say move. If you cannot at least do it yourself, unless that is against the law too.

Steve R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode