69 CAMARO SS CONV. ON EBAY WORTH? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 01, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

SAW THIS 69 CAMARO SS CONVERTIBLE ON EBAY AND WAS GONNA BID ON IT BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT IT SHOULD BE WORTH. ANYONE MIND GIVING ME AN OPINION ON THE CAR? THE GUY HAS GOOD FEEDBACK AND SAYS HE HAS ALL THE RECEIPTS. THANKS ALOT THE ITEM NUMBER IS 592598467 HERE IS THE LINK.

<http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/ebaymotors/a...=592598467>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 01, 08:55 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 01, 10:05 AM
Kevin

Rich, there is a couple of odd things about this car. The ad states a turbo 350, but the console has powerglide lens, deluxe seats, but standard door panels, aftermarket tach in the clock position.

Also he says the SS hood is rare, but since it's the standard hood on ALL SS 350 and 396, I don't feel it's rare.

Search this site for how to tell a real SS and ask the seller for more info.
Good Luck, Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, Driver

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 01, 01:35 PM
Tech Team

I've seen this car for sale a couple of times on e-bay, I'm not sure why it seems to come up for sale multiple times but that would be another thing to think about.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 01, 01:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Go look at it IN PERSON before you bid.
Pictures are VERY deceiving!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 01, 04:29 PM
Senior Tech

Hey this is my car! Ive got two convertibles one is a big block 68 and this is the other one. I bought this one about a month ago off a guy in arizona. Unfortunately, I need to sell it for a down payment on a house. This car is mint all around. The interior isnt exactly the way its suppose to be but it is very nice! Ive got a standing offer of 18500 which I will take if I dont sell it on ebay. The reserve is 19500. As far as the body,motor and everything else I stated it all can be verified with the receipts I have. If your interested in buying it Ill end the auction early for 19500FIRM!! Ive seen other so called original or restored cars. Bunch of crap and craftly bondo/maacco cover ups. Im from mass too if you want to come by in person I welcome you and anyone else who wants to take a look.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 01, 02:54 AM

Thumbs down

My opinion Richee keep looking there's plenty out there.To bring this car back to original would cost $.If this is what you want there is a big selection out there of this type.Good Luck
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 01, 04:39 AM
Tech Team

i agree, go look in person. the owner wrote you here and invited you to do so. i say take him up on it. what have you got to lose? the worst thing that can happen is you get to meet another camaro guy and do some talking about these cars. no loss in my book !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode