Team Camaro Tech banner

Parking/running/brake lights

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  02ragtop 
#1 ·
On my 02, one of my parking/running (yellow) lights is always brighter than the other. I have replaced the bulbs several times, on each side. Hasn't helped. I've even replaced the lens. I have seen this on a number of other Camaro's in my travels. Is this a common problem, with a simple solution? Also, has anyone had anything like this. My brake light lens' are "dented". They bow in. I have original equipment lights all the way around, I have not had any major electrical problems, and never had an accident or anything like that.

#2 ·
I will suggest the following:
1. Low voltage compared to the other side,
2. High resistance in ground/return circuit compared to the other side, usually a seprate ground wire goes back to body for ground to complete circuit.
3. Bad lens, poor refraction as light goes through the lens,
4. Light socket corroded compared to other side. If you can temporarily swap light assemblies per side, dim light will go to other side.

Use DMM as a current meter and measure current between both sides and compare, should be the same typical amount.

#4 ·
cool, it's nice to know that it's common. I really thought I had a possible electrical problem. Where I live, there is in all seriousness, no one around me, that has a 4th generation that I can compare it to. I mean, we hardly even get people who visit the area in one, at least that I ever see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.