Looking for 67 RS headlight kit - Team Camaro Tech
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MCB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 16, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Will

Looking for 67 RS headlight kit

Hope this message makes it's way to Matts Custom Bow ties. I was referred here by Pace 69 and am the proud owner of a low mileage 67 RS which for the past few years has consumed close to $2,000 of my money trying to repair to keep original. I have not been able to get the doors or open and shut reliably nor have two auto electric shops that I trust. Classic Industries has an update kit for them but since Matts is in Danville and I am in Sonoma I would rather keep the money local and with a Forum vendor for an upgrade kit. Anybody have any experience with the kit Matt sells and how much $ seeing as I have already invested $2,000 chasing my tail on these things? WILL

Detective Lt. Will, Chief of Homicide/ Chief Deputy Coroner: RETIRED AFTER 32 years.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Camaro RS /327 -275 hp
Powerglide to 2:73 rear gears
Black vinyl over Ermine White
30,000 documented mile survivor
Second owner. P.O.P car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 16, 11:28 AM
MCB
MCB Parts

Hello, we can help you out no problem. Feel free to email me direct: [email protected], send a PM or give us a call at 925-828-5555 from 8-4.

Thanks
Matt
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 16, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Will

Re: Looking for 67 RS headlight kit

Thank you. Will call this week. Up in Oregon helping with granddaughters after my daughter had emergency surgery for inflamed appendix. All went well and should be home we'd or thu.

Detective Lt. Will, Chief of Homicide/ Chief Deputy Coroner: RETIRED AFTER 32 years.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Camaro RS /327 -275 hp
Powerglide to 2:73 rear gears
Black vinyl over Ermine White
30,000 documented mile survivor
Second owner. P.O.P car.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 16, 12:13 PM
MCB
MCB Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwallman View Post
Thank you. Will call this week. Up in Oregon helping with granddaughters after my daughter had emergency surgery for inflamed appendix. All went well and should be home we'd or thu.
Ok, sounds good. I am happy to hear your Daughter is doing well. Life can be too short and fragile, things like that tend to put us all in check and realize just how lucky we are to have our health and let the simple things go and live a happy life.

Thanks
Matt
69-Pace likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 17, 01:37 PM
Gordon

Mine worked properly intermittently! Pulled out the relay bank from the drivers fender and opened relays. One was stuck closed and others burnt badly. Replaced all 3 relays ( with aftermarket ). They work perfect now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 17, 02:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Hi Will. They can be a pain in the ***. but if/when you get them working they are trouble free for a long time. Biggest issue is the switches on the dash and making sure they are all grounded properly. You may have to shim the switches to get the doors to contact them. Here is a link to my Facebook page with lots of info and pics.

Rick
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4909802&type=3

There is a description if you click on each of the photos

Last edited by Ric67; Mar 28th, 17 at 02:03 PM. Reason: more to add
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 17, 02:21 PM
MCB
MCB Parts

For those that don't want to deal with the almost 50yr old design of this system, we sell Retro-Electro and DSE RS headlight motor kits.

These work FAR better than stock and don't use limit switches, relay banks, etc (67) and no vacuum at all (68-69).

I have had some guys install them and then put the stock vacuum tank, hoses, etc back in the car as a dummy setup. This works well if you MUST look stock, but all the vacuum pieces do take a lot of room and the 67 electric setups do burn relays and trip breakers a lot too.

PM me if anyone needs info on converting their system.

Thanks
Matt
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 17, 02:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Matt sorry for the little hijack. When mine stop working I will be converting.

Rick
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 17, 02:54 PM
MCB
MCB Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric67 View Post
Matt sorry for the little hijack. When mine stop working I will be converting.

Rick
Not at all Rick, no worries. I just want to make sure everyone knows their options with the RS system. I personally would ONLY have an RS Camaro and the aftermarket kits just make it so nice and trouble free, for the most part (The door must move without bind, especially on the DSE kit)

Thanks
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode