1967 RS Headlight Question - Team Camaro Tech
American Auto Wire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 15, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Rodney

1967 RS Headlight Question

I have a 67 RS and just installed a relay kit that is supposed to brighten the stock halogen headlights. The set up only uses one of the headlight pigtails much like an HID setup. Unfortunately the way that this wires up does not complete the circuit since the other factory headlight pigtail is not plugged into anything. The headlight doors will not close as a result of this incomplete circuit. Does anyone have an idea as to how to close the circuit by plugging something safe into the unused pigtail?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 15, 08:07 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: 1967 RS Headlight Question

Your question is answered in the electrical forum with the standard home-grown solution in the sticky for 67RS and aftermarket relay harnesses.

AAW is a great harness vendor but does not offer an after market relay harness for 67 RS's to the best of my knowledge. Many electrical shops do have a special setup for 67RS but it sounds like you purchased one for a 67 non RS, or one designed for 68, 69's where RS and standard use the same relay setups.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 17, 10:05 PM
Probationer
Tony

I have a 1967 ss/rs 350 when I open and close my headlights they make a screeching sound. what is causing this to happen. thanks

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 18, 05:14 AM
Apprentice
Kelley

Smile Re: 1967 RS Headlight Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodaka125 View Post
I have a 1967 ss/rs 350 when I open and close my headlights they make a screeching sound. what is causing this to happen. thanks
Hey Tony,
I didn't know if you had an answer yet. But, usually when the doors start to screech you need to look at replacing your bushings and bolts at the pivot points.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 18, 05:17 AM
Apprentice
Kelley

Smile Re: 1967 RS Headlight Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney21 View Post
I have a 67 RS and just installed a relay kit that is supposed to brighten the stock halogen headlights. The set up only uses one of the headlight pigtails much like an HID setup. Unfortunately the way that this wires up does not complete the circuit since the other factory headlight pigtail is not plugged into anything. The headlight doors will not close as a result of this incomplete circuit. Does anyone have an idea as to how to close the circuit by plugging something safe into the unused pigtail?
Hey Rodney,
I didn't know if you got a good response to this. However, the 67 RS Camaro has a ground which runs through the filament of the old style headlight bulbs. So, if the old headlight bulbs ever burned out, the RS system would not work. You might try bridging that connection to complete the ground. Hope this helps.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 18, 11:03 PM
David Pozzi

Give the motor shaft a shot of spray lube now & then or the shaft will rust to the bronze bushing. Thatís likely the source of the noise.

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode