Team Camaro Tech banner

2020 Vette Opinions?

3K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  zuma 
#1 ·
What say you all about the new Corvette?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Discount Ferrari, or very expensive American car. Looks pretty bad @SS to me. I like it.

They're really starting to compete with some European super cars cost wise now,like an entry level Lambo or something.
What will the cost be $200k+ for top of the line optioned Corvette ?

Guy I know just got a 2019 ZR1 for $150K, I thought that was getting a little much for a vette. lots of performance though.
I asked him if he wanted to go to an auto-x with me, or would he be too busy cruising in wine country.

Attachments

#7 ·
Base price quoted last night was under $60K.

$150K is too much to pay for a ZR1. Dealers are discounting them.

My 2017 C7 ZO6 with ZO7 option MSRP was $106K. I bought it pre-owned with 3900 miles on it for over $45K less than that. It's an awesome car and I feel the C8 will be even better.

#9 ·
Pretty amazing vehicle. Still, the idea of no manual shift and no convertible being available in a Vette seems strange to me. ;) And no bulging hood scoop to peek around when you drive. Guess if I win the lottery I will have to get one of these and a matching 67 big block car to balance things out. :)

Reactions: rgwiz
#10 ·
Sounds like a great car. However the corvette no longer looks like an American vehicle. I know they are competing with the European cars and that is why, but I wish they looked more like a Corvette. I guess I'm a little more old school. Not knocking it, just not on my bucket list.

Reactions: 69Z28
#11 ·
Nice looking indeed. Quite the technology into one.
And a button for 'SPORT' driving? Really?
I would buy a '62 and drive the snot out of her.

I'll get a Dodge Scat Pak 1320 for $46K and it comes with full factory warranty, 5/60, performs 11.70's/122 MPH all day long, and has a 'DRAG' button.
Warranty is not voided installing a rollcage, and comes with a year membership of NHRA.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/10-reasons-need-dodge-scat-pack-1320/

#12 ·
Official Chevrolet Corvette web site says that there is a convertible.

It was unveiled in a video after that first introduction. The top is slightly bigger and removes and stored under an engine cover that replaced the coupe glass rear window. A tonnue cover also comes with it.

Not sure about the manual trans situation. I do know that manual trans are going out of favor with the younger guys. I have a friend who has a 20 something that loves the 8 speed auto with paddle shifting. They rave about ease of use and better variable control.

#22 ·
I had a 62 vette with a removable hardtop.

I should slap myself for letting that get away.

I like the new vette, but the new cars just don't look as good or draw the attention like the classic muscle cars.

It does take a lot of work to get these old cars up to a modern standard of handling and braking. LOL

#19 ·
I personally like the car but maybe should have given it another name and kept building the C7 along side as some rumors said, but at the price point they are talking about would not be feasible.
Back in 1987 I drove a 1986 Ferrari 328 GTSI for 24 hours and the intro price for the Ferrari back then was $60K.
Now look at the C8 against the Ford GT @ mega bucks and minimal builds. Interesting!!

#20 ·
I like it. Keep in mind this is the base model. I’m looking forward to the Z06 and ZR1 updates. Should be wild.

I wouldn’t call it a convertible, it’s a targa top.

#30 ·
I've owned four Corvettes over the years... a '57, a '64, a '69, and a '99. The '64 was my favorite, had a fully built engine, ported, polished balanced, cc heads, Crane roller cam, and a bunch more. A buddy of mine built it as a street racer, very successful in the North Jersey, New York area. I bought it in '67 when I was discharged by Uncle Sam. Best I could do at the track was 12.2 with Atlas Bucron street tires, which was pretty good back then. The '57 was fun but the '64 was a small block beast.

My son and I went to the NY Auto Show press day (he was/is in the biz) and saw the unveiling there of the C7, and like many others, the only complaint I had was the tail lights. Several former corvette owners openly complained to the product team about losing the round tail lights. But otherwise we all liked the direction. Love the new C8, my son said the mid engine was Zora's dream car, and some dealers are seeing people selling their current C7's to get the "ultimate" Corvette. Steve thinks the smart thing to do is buy a C7 at "distress" prices kinda like John did. It's like the iPhone craze only worse, some people are willing to take a hit on their current car because their value is not going to go up or even stabilize. Smart people can get a helluva nice used Corvette for very reasonable if they just pay attention to the market. Just gotta be ready to pull the trigger when you find the right deal. And of course, if you have the money, don't mind the automatic, get a C8... absolutely great bang for the buck in the world of two-seater sports cars under $100K. Can't wait to see the ones behind the curtain. Supposedly a 700 HP model is ready to go, an 1100 HP beast is being looked at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.