Where did everyone go? - Page 5 - Team Camaro Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 19, 07:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Re: Where did everyone go?

Your correct John. I had a problem getting back here. It took a couple of weeks to get it figured out. I used to be on the chevelle site and the 2nd gen camaro forum, but after multiple attempts to get back in, I just gave up.
And that's a bummer, those chevelle dudes have a lot of good info too.

67 RS 327, 4-speed, posi, done.
67 Modified, 454, TH-400, posi, under construction.
67 SS 396, 4-speed, basket case.
72 RS, sitting, partially done.
55 210 post, 2 door, 327 4-speed runs good.
55 2 door post, gasser project
69 Cadillac ElDorado
69 4x4 suburban
59 ElCamino

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing thru the leather straps"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 19, 08:45 PM
Apprentice
John Paige

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo camaro View Post
Your correct John. I had a problem getting back here. It took a couple of weeks to get it figured out. I used to be on the chevelle site and the 2nd gen camaro forum, but after multiple attempts to get back in, I just gave up.
And that's a bummer, those chevelle dudes have a lot of good info too.

I tried quite a few times the first couple weeks, then it turned into every month or so, then several months would pass before I'd remember to try again. Every forum should have some sort of contact info on the homepage.

There's a forum I was on and donated a couple hundred dollars over a couple years to keep the lights on then one day I couldn't log on and had all the same issues trying to get new password etc. Tried all kinds of ways to contact the owner. Still haven't been able to log on and it's been about 3 years I think. Meanwhile very active members used to disappear suddenly and the owner would complain that members weren't posting. Well, no kidding! They can't log in and you have no contact info! They get fed up and go elsewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 RS SS Conv, yes it's real
post #63 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 19, 09:05 PM
Senior Tech
Al

John, I had a somewhat similar problem here probably 2 yrs back now. Went for a couple
of weeks not being able to login. I ended up contacting my internet service provider. Of
course they said it was not a problem of theirs but within an hour of talking with them
I was able to log in here. I believe they reset something. Another thing you could try is
contacting a moderator on a sister site that you can log into. Example is most all mods
here are also members (some are mods) on CRG (camaros.org). Steve if the Chevelle
site you can't log into is Team Chevelle, contact one of the moderators here or an administrator
here through the "site issues" forum. We're all run by the same group. Can't remember the name.

Al

my 67' build thread:

post #64 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 19, 07:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage

Yeah it was team chevelle. I was a member way back when the original founder, Al, was running it. Don't know who's in charge of anything anymore. Kinda like the railroad. Who's steering the ship? LOL

69 Cadillac ElDorado
69 4x4 suburban
59 ElCamino

post #65 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 19, 08:12 AM
Senior Tech
Wiley E. Coyote

If you want to pm me a contact I can send it to a mod there Im on TC.
Had the same issue on speedtalk it got resolved.
post #66 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 19, 01:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

I joined the Camaro owners page on FB just to see. Fun to look at pictures. Garbage for anything else.
eville and Niblet like this.

My Build Thread

post #67 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 19, 02:00 AM
Apprentice
Jeremy Tovar

I've been on and off for many years, I was active up until the "great hack" then I had forgot to reopen my account, but I've come back now. this place is a wealth of knowledge and I try to do my research before asking follow up questions. I do tend to lurk in threads and try to contribute when I am able to, but I would like to thank everyone out there for all the help and answers. my project is still on going, but hopefully after this deployment I can make more progress.
DaveS44 and Niblet like this.
post #68 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 19, 08:01 AM
Retired
Jim

Im probably one of the 'older' members, not as old as DJD or Everett or SteveO but I still pop in pretty much every day just because. While we sold our 69RS 4 years ago, I just cant stay away. Made many good friends in here and at times I can still help someone with pics I took. My whole website that was FULL of my resto pics was 'given' to the new site owners when Al and Dot sold the sites. They kept up my old website so the photos still connected to threads in here but last year they didnt renew it, so all my photos no longer work in threads here. Sad.
I do wish all the older members that are pretty much done with restoring their Camaros would still drop in and toss a joke or a photo or update on their family etc.
We now have 4 grand kids from our 2 daughters. Our oldest daughter now works for the board game company CATAN. She currently is in Germany on a company event but just loves the challenges. Mrs Click and I still work, she has nearly 29 years now with a local retail Lighting and consulting store, expert on how to put the right light on the right task. I got out of real estate after 32 years back in 2014 after the last market crash of 2008 just made life miserable.
Ive always kept my Amsoil dealership since 1976 so I just kicked it into gear and now have 64 accounts that I service and Im happy as a pig in mud, making more money than real estate, I get to wear jeans and hang round car guys everyday in shops and garages all over. I see some neat mechanical work still being done in the little places out of sight everywhere. If anyone needs a great product, send me a private message for more info on Amsoil. (great deals for TC members)
Winter is coming soon, our house is prepped and ready while we look forward to delving more into our genealogy during the cold months ahead. Yes Im related to Cindy Crawford too. jealous?
Lets hear from the old farts more.
Bill69SS likes this.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #69 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 19, 07:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Talking Re: Where did everyone go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Lets hear from the old farts more.
My wife says she's disgusted to hear my old farts. But if you insist. I'll let her have another. LOL
yellow69RS and Niblet like this.

69 Cadillac ElDorado
69 4x4 suburban
59 ElCamino

post #70 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 19, 05:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Compared to many on this site I'm not an "old Fart" as far as length of membership here. However the shoe does fit physically. My visits here are based on my interest in completing my car which comes and goes. I'm currently enthused about moving when I retire in 4 years and am determined not to move my car in pieces.

Jeff
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 19, 06:47 PM
Senior Tech
Sean

Guess I’ve been around 17 years so that makes me a semi old fart, I remember when Al owned the site, the holiday arcade, and not being inundated with ads.

The beginning of the end for all these car sites is a common thing in my opinion, autoforums. They have ruined more sites, it went from a place for enthusiasts and no ads and selling stuff publicly to a money maker of nonstop ads, vendors pushing their wares, etc. selling “lifetime memberships” . I appreciate some of the vendors, like MCB, they do seem to offer stuff to the group, but I just don’t care for all the ads and pushing merch on me.

“The Facebook” and “The instagram” are in my opinion the beginning of the downfall of society, it’s like a damn cult (nothing against cults.....). I know there are good things to be found in them but I’m out. I don’t care for all the nonsense and drama that come with them.
There couldn’t be a more ridiculous waste of bandwidth than Twitter in my opinion.

This site still has lots to offer, but I quit hanging around because of the increased drama and also I’m a performance guy, and that seemed to die off.

I pop on here every month or two, read through to see what’s going on then move along.
Still have the Camaro and the old SB2, but I moved in 2017 so the new house has kept me occupied and the cars have taken a back seat.

Good to see lots of the old crowd on here though! I wonder often how Royce is doing, I’m sure he still has a hotrod.

Sean

1968 rs with an old school 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor.

Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 19, 06:55 PM
John

Garage

Over 2500 page view and 70 replies so it seem there are still quite a few of us around.
HawkX66, Hgger69 and Skates_236 like this.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 19, 04:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rs406 View Post
“The Facebook” and “The instagram” are in my opinion the beginning of the downfall of society...
I wonder when we will start seeing TV ads for social media addiction centers. If you have nothing to do one day, rent a comedy called Idiocracy if you haven't heard of it...unfortunately this is where our future is headed. The car the main character gets at the end in the demolition derby is the best.

Last edited by MrPuss; Oct 30th, 19 at 05:11 AM.
post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 19, 07:23 AM
Retired
Jim

FYI I NEVER see any ads in here at all. I run Google Chrome with Adworks (ad blocker) I love it.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 19, 07:59 AM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
FYI I NEVER see any ads in here at all. I run Google Chrome with Adworks (ad blocker) I love it.
Same here Chrome with Adguard

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode