Team Camaro Tech banner

2019 MCACN - Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Nov 23-24

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  rlw68 
#1 ·
Reactions: parkbrau and KJProX
#8 ·
I have see pics from past shows and it looks really good. I have not heard anyone say anything but great things. I look forward to seeing and meeting some guys from here. Roger, I will definately check out that mod top car of yours. A great line up this year.
See you guys there!!

#9 ·
I'll say one thing about this show. You do not have to be an "all Chevy" guy to enjoy it. they have showcase displays of all the other brands Muscle offerings. This years Bicycle display should be a big hit as well. Everything at this show is quality, even the vendors. I met Pace Car Jeff here when the had a display of every color of first gens. Looking forward to meeting some other TC members this year.

Jeff

#10 ·
I’ll be arriving early Saturday afternoon. First time for me as well and hope to meet a few TC members.

FWIW....e-mailed one of the organizers today to inquire about 2 day ticket passes. Seems there is a 2 day pass available which is cheaper than buying 2 one day passes via the website. They’re available on-site...cash only.

Bob

#11 ·
Well I bought my tickets online not realizing they had a two day pass. Would have been nice to know. I thought it was kind of goofy to not have a two day pass.
Oh well, live and learn.

#12 ·
Hey guys, back in 2008, the Showcase Car was the 1969 Z/28. They searched for one of every color, and I was the Glacier Blue representative. I don't remember if we had them all, but I did count 14 cars in all conditions from Trailer queens to rough road racers. The best part was sharing stories and Chicago hot dogs with all the guys prior to the show's opening. The show itself had plenty of cars, but unfortunately, this was recession time, and the crowds were just not there. I suspect it has come back. I may go again as an attendee this time. Let's all go! Go for the cars and the food! ( Chicago food, not concession food! )

#20 ·
Guys I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make the MCACN this year. I have a medical emergency in my in-laws family and I can't get away this weekend. Man I hate this too, because I was looking forward to see some of you guys. I also hate it because this means I lose a $100.00 in entry fees.

You guys have fun and I sure hope to see you all next year.

Roger

#22 ·
Im at the Hyatt but probably wont be there much as I will be at the show.
Sorry to hear Roger, I really wanted to see that car.
5 more days!!

Also gotta get in my share of Chicago style eating!!

#23 ·
Sorry you can't make it Roger. I choose to skip the Meltdown drags in 2018. The people that put it on decided not to continue it for 2019. Best decision I made. I went to Florida for my Dad's birthday, he didn't have another as he past just short of his next one. The will be other drag races and car shows.

Jeff
630 277 0443 or 708 800 9090 I'll be there on Sunday if you want to put a face to the name.

#29 ·
I wanted to question the owner of this car about a couple of things but he was surrounded by a mob of people as he was giving a talk about his slide show. I went back later and he was gone.

Pilot car AND the first car to be fitted with a cowl hood?? I'm not sure exactly how that cowl hood stuff was worded on his sign but I thought the claim about the hood was odd at least.

Jeff

#30 · (Edited)
I've not heard of any 69 'pilots' before this either. It seems more like a pre-production car needed for marketing.

This one was built sometime around June 68. Not surprisingly it was cobbled together, using some parts from a 68 when needed and others hand built. The rear stripes went over the quarter seam. It has a munchie shifter also. I like where they used the seal on top of the radiator support same as the A/C cars. Seems like a good idea to force more air through the core. Thats most of what I saw.

:|

#32 · (Edited)
Wow, luv the Black RS/Z with white houndstooth !:bow:

Rob, you meant June 68 (build date), right ? I dunno, it doesn't add up for me either. The sign says "First known 1969 Camaro to have a functional cowl induction hood". According to CRG, ZL2 (cowl induction hood) was introduced mid year 69. Around Dec 68.

Quote from CRG;

"Cowl hood (ZL2): The cowl hood was an option on SS and Z28 models in 1969 and was included on all COPO's and Pace Cars. It was introduced midyear 69. #1 ZL1, built 12E at Norwood is one of the first Camaros to have a factory ZL2 hood. A late December LOS-built Z28 with ZL2 has also been documented.
The ZL2 option included a solenoid and flapper in the hood. The wiring for the solenoid was routed through a special hole in firewall above the fuseblock. Only 10,026 cars received cowl hoods in 69 and about half of those went to COPO's and Pace Cars, meaning there were only 5,000 Z28's and SS's (out of about 20,000 Z28's and 30,000 non-Pacer SS's) that received the cowl hood."

#33 ·
Wow, luv the Black RS/Z with white houndstooth !:bow:

Rob, you meant June 68 (build date), right ? I dunno, it doesn't add up for me either. The sign says "First known 1969 Camaro to have a functional cowl induction hood". According to CRG, ZL2 (cowl induction hood) was introduced mid year 69. Around Dec 68.

Yes I meant June 68, thanks. The owner is a really nice guy and also extremely knowledgeable about first gens. The hood is another peculiarity on this car. The point I believe is the car was built with a functional cowl hood, even though as you correctly noted the option was not available until later in the year.

The MCR magazine article with the 3 black Camaro's is available here https://www.hotrod.com/articles/3-m...rolet-camaros-on-the-planet-z28-l78-and-copo/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.