Mustang commercials. What's up with them? - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Re: Mustang commercials. What's up with them?

I barely even remember starting this thread. It's weird to see your name on a thread that you don't remember starting.

Scott.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 08:26 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I've seen older threads get dug up. It's really funny when it's a 3 year old tech question. The "related posts" that show up at the bottom of a reply window can screw people uo if they don't pay attention.

At least this thread is "timeless."

As for the statement in question, IMHO the GTO was indeed the first "Musclecar" Mustang was the first ponycar, and is today a musclecar only by default.

As for the Corvette, well vettes have always been special, part sports car, part musclecar, always the best. Still, the basic premise of "musclecar" and "ponycar" was one of a "HOT" "affordable" "4 or more passenger" car. The Vette has never fit any but the first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

Last edited by JimM; Jan 3rd, 07 at 08:57 PM.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 06:04 PM
Senior Tech
Keith

I don't think those fancy pintos they called Mustang IIs really keep that streak going. I'm not sure they could get in a Mustang show. Kinda like those little Novas Chevy made latter.

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 07:44 PM
Banned
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
As for the statement in question, IMHO the GTO was indeed the first "Musclecar" Mustang was the first and is today a musclecar only by default.
C'mon Jim!
The Mustang is probably the ONLY musclecar on the market right now (pending the Z06 being a "sportscar"). Are you saying the GTO is more of a musclecar than the Stang? The GTO has closer relatives with a Mitsubishi that a real GTO. Ford is making California Specials, GT500's, Bullitt's, Hurst Rent a Racer's...........
No Judge GTO's that I recall. And yes, the stangs did suck from the early 70's thru 86 or so.

At least the new camaro wont be related to the GTO.

Have you driven one yet? From the min you start it, it sounds mean. When you drive it, it demands your attention!

If for nothing else, you gotta give it to Ford, they are a large reason why Chevy is bringing back the Camaro(somewhat). However, only Dodge seems interested in truly giving ford a run for their money.

Just remember, if it were not for the new mustang, the new camaro would have probably been the colbolt SS with a camaro badge!

Remember the commercial where the Cobalt SS is playing ball "tag" with a Vette?

Don't get me wrong, Camaros are awesome, but if they build that cadillac looking vette wanna be with mustang side gills, I'll have to buy the Dodge.

Here's a killer Stang commercial with cops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03K1QkuFYM

IMHO,

Rich
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 07:51 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Send a message via AIM to RamAirDave

Quote:
I've seen older threads get dug up.
Hmmm.... that reminds me. Did HSJ ever find out what it was that he dug up in his back yard?

Driving a #s-matching Z in the rain..... and lovin' it....
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 08:05 PM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich pern View Post
C'mon Jim!
The Mustang is probably the ONLY musclecar on the market right now (pending the Z06 being a "sportscar"). Are you saying the GTO is more of a musclecar than the Stang? The GTO has closer relatives with a Mitsubishi that a real GTO. Ford is making California Specials, GT500's, Bullitt's, Hurst Rent a Racer's...........
No Judge GTO's that I recall. And yes, the stangs did suck from the early 70's thru 86 or so.

Have you driven one yet? From the min you start it, it sounds mean. When you drive it, it demands your attention!

If for nothing else, you gotta give it to Ford, they are a large reason why Chevy is bringing back the Camaro(somewhat). However, only Dodge seems interested in truly giving ford a run for their money.

Just remember, if it were not for the new mustang, the new camaro would have probably been the colbolt SS with a camaro badge!

Don't get me wrong, Camaros are awesome, but if they build that cadillac looking vette wanna be with mustang side gills, I'll have to buy the Dodge.

IMHO,

Rich
Rich,

I agreed with you on this one until you said something about buying a Dodge. Quick, throw a little water on your face and come to your senses, it will be ok........ Put your hands on your head and walk away from the Pentastar products.

Last edited by 69OlympicGoldSS; Jan 3rd, 07 at 08:06 PM. Reason: I can't spell for $h!t :-)
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 08:05 PM
Senior Tech
Pat

Quote:
C'mon Jim!

IMHO,

Rich
Could not agree more,even as a life long chevy guy I gotta hand it to Ford they have "kept hope alive" for anyone who loves the power,speed and looks of a Muscle car
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 08:12 PM
Banned
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69OlympicGoldSS View Post
Rich,

I agreed with you on this one until you said something about buying a Dodge. Quick, throw a little water on your face and come to your senses, it will be ok........ Put your hands on your head and walk away from the Pentastar products.
Slowly....... Backing.........Away...........

There's still hope, let's see what 09 brings us.

Rich
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 08:24 PM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Slowly....... Backing.........Away...........

There's still hope, let's see what 09 brings us.

Rich
I also agree with you on the "Mustang and Cop's" commercial, good stuff. My God, what have we become when we are saying we like Mustangs and Law Enforcement............ how old are we? Back in the day I would have eatin' a bug before I would have admitted loyalty to either of these. I can't believe what Chevrolet has turned us into....
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 07, 07:55 AM
Senior Tech
Pat

While I LOVE Corvettes, the early ones anyway, I do not consider them a "muscle car".

Under my definition...a muscle car must be metal. Corvette is a sports car.

Uncle Tupelo's Free Advice
Always remember, you only get ONE midlife crisis....use it wisely!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 07, 07:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

Quote:

I've seen older threads get dug up.

Anyone remember Rollin Robert's girlfriends chinchillas?

1964 GTO was the first muscle...big cubes in a small to midsize car for that time...IMO

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 07, 10:10 AM
Senior Tech
Rob.

The 64 gto was or is called the first muscle car, but whoever said the chevy 409 ruled in 1962 is sadly mistaken.

The 62 plymouth and dodge with the 413 max wedge and the lighter unibody was the fastest thing out there.

Rob

"There are questions to be answered, and answers to be questioned"

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.

Last edited by 1969ss; Jan 5th, 07 at 10:25 AM. Reason: wording
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode