Team Camaro Tech banner

memorial day

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  adjudimo 
#1 ·
#7 ·
This weekend our family remembers my uncle who is MIA from the Death March of Bataan in the Philippines 1942.
Julius St John Knudsen Tech5 Army 194th Tank Bat. Gone for now but never forgotten.

With modern day DNA to help us now, we wait for his return. Until then we will always remember him and all soldiers. Maybe my grandson will get to receive a flag like the boy in this photo. What a moving thing to see.

Attachments

#8 ·
I didn't realize it was Memorial day weekend until yesterday. Both of my grand fathers. one Marine, one Navy, served in WWI. Neither of them EVER spoke of it. My father was stationed in South Korea after the fighting stopped and never spoke of that.
God Bless All.

#9 ·
I can't believe how many morons out there think that Memorial Day is a day to thank Veterans that are still living. I served 11 years in the United States Navy and spent many years in the sand box. I am lucky to be alive. Thank you for the one who have paid for our freedom with their lives.

Thank you everyone who has served, has a family member who has served or is currently serving! God Bless America!

#15 ·
They're not necessarily morons. Some don't really understand the difference. Take the time to educate them so you're both better for it.

Reactions: boyd66k20
#10 ·
Currently Deployed Overseas, but this isn't about me... please remember all my fallen brothers and sisters, as well as our military ancestors that have come before us. We'll continue to stand watch over everyone, as they stand watch over us.

#18 ·
Thanks Rex, Im involved with the DPAA and many private citizens that help families navigate the bureaucracy of the Gov. they still use very outdated DNA methods and recent law suits by some families have forced exhumation of 'unknown' graves in the Philippines and presto, soldiers found and returned home to their family but only because a law suit forced them. That's not right. We are very involved with some expert 'researchers' that are helping go through old documents and finding more and more evidence of where soldiers were buried in farm fields, behind homes of locals etc. We will find my uncle but it will take more digging and help from our local U.S. Representative .

#19 ·
A lot of people take these brave soldiers for granted now"a"days. I'm not even sure how many of today's youth are even told what the True Meaning of Memorial Day is all about. I'm from the time back when it was called Decoration Day, so that makes me old, I guess. But with that said, I still put flowers on the graves of lost soldiers who gave their all, at the cemeteries I visit. GOD BLESS THEM & THEIR FAMILIES. Hoping all MIA's find their way back home eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.