Team Camaro Tech banner

new here 69 camaro restore

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  dreamweaver 
#1 ·
hello everyone i am new to this site. well i have had a 69 camaro for about five years. it is in about a thousand pieces. i have rebuilt a few cars in the past. 66 chevelle 66 chevy nova II 63 chevy nova II 65 chevelle. but not to the extent i am going to do this 69 camaro. i have always wanted a 69 camaro now i have one. well the car is in pretty good shape as purchased i guess. i have almost all parts missing a few things. the 69 camaro is in my 2 1/2 car attached garage now but i am about to move it to my newly built shop before i can start on it. a little at a time depending on money, time and nerves. check out the shop pic. well for my first help question. can anyone suggest a rotisserie for this project at a good price? also does anyone know if there is a door jamb patch panel made yet for this 69 camaro? if not do you know why they dont make these things? also on the subject of dover white body with yellow houndstooth custom interior i have seen at a few sites this was still questionable well that is what my cowl tag says dover white body black vinyl top yellow houndstooth custum interior and all numbers match from tag to hidden body id's and vin. well take a look at this picture of my 69 camaro and see what you think. this place is awsome. great people it seems like.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard!

Great looking car
Great looking garage / shop / warehouse / storage area for more cars :)
.......GREAT SITE!

Yes, it is an awesome site. I have been here for about 6 months and can testify to the fact that, with few exceptions, the people involved here are quite generous with their time and expertise. I'm starting from scratch, knowing absolutly nothing about cars, let alone Camaros. But the people here have helped me tremendously.

Get familiar with the inner workings of the website and you will be on your way to a great restoration. One thing that I know is appreciated by many is if you would edit your profile to list where you live, the info on your car, etc. I think you will discover that, over time, you will end up meeting people who are a part of this site that live near you. Just a couple of weeks ago I was privelidged to meet up with about 8 of the TC guys and their "better halves" in my general locale.

I'll take a guess... from the picture I would guess that you live in the Pacific Northwest. I'll say in Oregon, somewhere near the coast.
How'd I do?
Steve

#4 ·
Welcome to TC!

One of the great things about this site is the vast amount of info available for the searching. If you search rotisserie, tons of info pops up, including this thread that tells how to build one for cheap.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8826&highlight=build+rotisserie

Regarding the patch panel for your jamb, if you are talking about where they rust at the back of the door, I have never seen just a patch. My guess is that there's not a market for it, because it would probably be hard to hide (as a patch) and because if there's rust in the jamb there's usually rust in the rest of the quarter. I have seen quite a few cars that got just skins when they should have had full quarters, specifically because of that area. Depending on where it is rusted through, fabricating a small patch isn't too bad.

If you are talking about the lower fender mount up front, at the bottom of the cowl/A-pillar, which is another common rust point, the answer is no patch panel there either. Need a donor piece or some fabrication.

Regarding your color combo, while different it was certainly possible. I think we had a thread within the last 6 months or so about a Hugger Orange car with Yellow 'tooth interior.

#6 ·
I thought your grass was supposed to be blue? All I see is green :clonk:

#7 ·
Regarding the patch panel for your jamb, if you are talking about where they rust at the back of the door, I have never seen just a patch. My guess is that there's not a market for it, because it would probably be hard to hide (as a patch) and because if there's rust in the jamb there's usually rust in the rest of the quarter. I have seen quite a few cars that got just skins when they should have had full quarters, specifically because of that area. Depending on where it is rusted through, fabricating a small patch isn't too bad.
eric kammerer, hello the problem is that the rest of the panel is in great shape no rust. there was a problem at the back side window on this car at one time. there is more rust there than any where on the car. one small place on winshield area and rear window area. check out pic on door jamb. any other vehicle that would have the same door jamb shape? i dont know much about these camaros yet but i am fired up to get started on this one. always loved them just never had one. o yeah that link you gave me on rotissirie is dead i think.
to all out there does anyone live close to the owensboro, ky area. give me a shout.

#8 ·
I thought your grass was supposed to be blue? All I see is green

hey the grass hear don't turn blue till winter. no just kiddin it really turns brown just like the other parts of the country. there really is some grass hear in kentucky in places that looks blue no joke. what color is the grass out your way now. mine is still green. almost typed blue.

#10 ·
The grass is always green(er)......... I live in kalifornia. ;)

I live in the Central Valley of California, which is a nice way of saying that I have no beaches, no mountains, and no bikini's within viewing distance. We have all four seasons here, though:

Blistering heat summers
Rainy, dreary winters
Foggy, swampy falls
Spring? I don't know... I think sometimes we have it, and sometimes we don't.

#11 ·
I just checked the link to the thread I posted, and it all works for me.

Your jamb rust is where I expected. I may be making a trip to a local salvage yard that has a few 1st gens tomorrow, so I will see if they happend to have any of the jamb left. One other thing to try may be calling places like Dynacorn or Ricks, and see if they ever get any quarters damaged in shipping that could be bought cheap to get that area.

#12 ·
wow , love the shop , who built it ? is it a pole Barn ? what kind ?
YEAH IM PROUD OF IT ALONG TIME COMING SAVE SAVE SAVE:hurray:
WELL THE SHOP WAS RAISED BY A LOCAL POLE BUILDING SUPPLIER. LAMBERTS. I HAVE FINISHED OUT INSIDE RAN ELECTRIC PLUMBING BATHROOM ECT.
YES IT IS A POLE BARN
WHAT KIND? 40X60 20X40 14FT CEILING WITH A 12X12 OVER HEAD DOOR 40X40 9FT CEILING WITH A 7X16 OVER HEAD DOOR
40X20 HAS 8 INCH CONCRETE FOR HEAVIER VEH.
40X40 HAS 6 INCH CONCRETE

#13 ·
I just checked the link to the thread I posted, and it all works for me.
sorry eric it was the mgb link in that thread for $200 build of rotisserie.
please let me now if you find something on that door jamb i will check what you suggested also.

i just want to take the time out to say thank you to everyone .
this is great what a group!:thumbsup: i hope to get to meet some of you some day.

#14 ·
Jealous of that shop, :) welcome to TC come often, stay late, turn the light off and lock the shop door when ya leave :thumbsup:

#15 ·
OK -

I can't brag about my cars, because none of them are done. In fact, after almost 6 months and 3 cars bouhgt plus countless parts, I still have practically nothing accomplished :(

I can't brag about my mechanical expertise, because I have none

But, what I do have is a huge shop :). Since I had nothing when I started 6 months ago.... not a tool to my name - no reference material - no knowledge... I have been in the "collecting" mode since day one. I am collecting cars, parts, tools, equipment, books, and, because of this site and the newfound enthusiasm I have developed because of it, I have been making firends, both through this site and locally. So, since my plan for what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it changes almost daily, I figure I'll just keep collecting things, stuff and friends until I figure out what to do and how to do it.

So, here's my shop. It's 80' wide by 60' deep, with 18' ceilings. I have a fridge in it, but no bathroom. But I do have a guest house about 20' away with all the amenities :). Here it is:

#16 ·
So, here's my shop. It's 80' wide by 60' deep, with 18' ceilings. I have a fridge in it, but no bathroom. But I do have a guest house about 20' away with all the amenities :). Here it is:
awsome man it wont take long for you to fill it up. you will get things done it just takes time.yeah i have a coke machine in mine. buddy works for a vending company here.its a little unique. for my use only. private shop

#18 ·
  • "Sooner" has passed....
  • "Someday in the not-so-distant future" would be a magnanamous achievement...
  • "Later" .... now we're being realistic
Nice dispenser... I think you need a Corona button or, if you want genuine-simulated look, use a Mountain Dew delete panel (ebay) and fabricate in a new one for the modified look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.