Does anyone know a Dennis Tuttle a car collector/dealer in Tulsa,Ok?? - Team Camaro Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 06, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Garage
Does anyone know a Dennis Tuttle a car collector/dealer in Tulsa,Ok??

Hey guys, I need some help triing to find out if anyone knows anything about a guy whom is suppositly a big time car collector/dealer I beleive out of Tulsa,Ok area?? I looked at buying a 1970 Chevelle LS-6 convertible today and the car has all the original numbers matching running gear and its build sheet, also in looking threw the paper work theres a document signed by "Dennis Tuttle" stating that the car is legit, all numbers matching talking like he blessing the car as the real mecoy. But I've never heard of him and am just wondering if anyone has and can give me more insight on the guy and help me find out if the car is the same car he once owned and really is the real deal or not? The reason I'm posting on camaros.net is I guess this Dennis Tuttle is a big Camaro Indy Pace Car fan and owner and I figured someone here might have crossed his path or heard of him, Thx for any help.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 06, 12:46 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charley

Garage
Re: Does anyone know a Dennis Tuttle a car collector/dealer in Tulsa,Ok??

Last time I heard his name he was in Prison..... I personally would consider his paperwork a detriment.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 06, 05:20 AM
TDW
Senior Tech
Tony

http://www.pacecarnuts.com/

READ THIS!!!!!!!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 06, 07:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Vince

Garage

What was the outcome with this clown? Is he making license plates?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 06, 09:14 AM
Senior Tech
Berry

Hopefully!

Its cheaper to be poor!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 06, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Garage

Thanks all for responding, that why I like this website so much-ask and you shall receive!! I guess this is a good example of go with your gut feeling and what made me post this thread. I looked at the car and its frame off restored and done up nicely, but I just knew something wasn't right? I've had a couple Pace Cars myself over the years and knew about and have read that ad about "pacecarnuts" but didn't put 2 and 2 together! Thanks again Charlie and all that responded for the heads up-I appreciate it and so does my bank account-That would have left a mark!!! Stay away from a Fathom Blue and White LS-6 Convertible for sale in the Portland, Ore area if you here of one, he was askiing $125K but I got him down to $85K and now I know why............Thx camaros.net for the Great website!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 06, 05:03 PM

Angry Re: Does anyone know a Dennis Tuttle a car collector/dealer in Tulsa,Ok??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankit View Post
Hey guys, I need some help triing to find out if anyone knows anything about a guy whom is suppositly a big time car collector/dealer I beleive out of Tulsa,Ok area?? I looked at buying a 1970 Chevelle LS-6 convertible today and the car has all the original numbers matching running gear and its build sheet, also in looking threw the paper work theres a document signed by "Dennis Tuttle" stating that the car is legit, all numbers matching talking like he blessing the car as the real mecoy. But I've never heard of him and am just wondering if anyone has and can give me more insight on the guy and help me find out if the car is the same car he once owned and really is the real deal or not? The reason I'm posting on camaros.net is I guess this Dennis Tuttle is a big Camaro Indy Pace Car fan and owner and I figured someone here might have crossed his path or heard of him, Thx for any help.....
May have seen this name at 67-98 chevy truck Not 100% it was there but close.......Cornbread
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 06, 07:32 PM
Senior Tech
bruce

feel really bad for the guy who was burned...i really hope tuttle is in prison being Leroy's wife. Liars and scumbags like this are hurting our passion and also legit dealers....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 cuda 383
69z28/rs
03 z06 vette
05 srt-10 505ci quad cab "yellow fever"

"its never fast enough"
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 10, 09:12 PM
Tony

Re: Does anyone know a Dennis Tuttle a car collector/dealer in Tulsa,O

I am in PA and met Dennis Tuttle when he was in Minnessota through another guy. We restore 70 chevelles and I am sad to say that he took me for a ride. Stay clear from this guy. I made deals with him on 2 70 LS6 chevelles and a 70 LS5 chevelle. I gave him deposits on all 3 cars totalling $14,000 in March of 2009. It's a year and a half later (August 2010) and didn't get anything from him. Now he won't return my call, don't even know where he is. I hear this con man got a lot of people across the country. If anyone knows where he is let me know at [email protected]

PS - how about his big story about the "Dubai Deal" for the sale of a bunch of hemi mopars, what a joke

Tony
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 10, 09:24 AM
Retired
Jim

that thread was 4 years old but still wont get much viewing in our 'Site' section which is for operating problems with our website. Im moving this to Bench section.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 10, 12:30 PM
Senior Tech
MARSHALL

As long as people are willing to pay large amounts for a ''rare'' car, there are people outthere ready to build one for you. This hobby has taken the wrong turn with dishonest people,inflated auction prices, matching #'s, etc. Buyer beware
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 10, 02:59 PM
Senior Tech
Jeremiah

Very sorry to hear this story..

A friend that lives down the street bought a supposed original numbers matching Yellow/yellow 69 RS/SS from another Oklahoma dealer a few years back. I looked it over and told him the bad news..

Nothing about this car was what he was told. It had a brand new cowl tag that was glued onto the fire wall, a VIN# that didnt match the hidden VIN's. The interior was swapped and or died yellow.. the date matching matching headrest were originally white. The front drum brakes and correct dated 10 bolt rear end with mono leafs were the only legit parts I could find. This dealer has a reputation for changing numbers and misrepresenting cars.

I think 90% of them are crooks to an extent.

69 Z/28, red/white stripe, black houndstoot with docs.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 10, 04:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charley

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysmusclecars View Post
I am in PA and met Dennis Tuttle when he was in Minnessota through another guy. We restore 70 chevelles and I am sad to say that he took me for a ride. Stay clear from this guy. I made deals with him on 2 70 LS6 chevelles and a 70 LS5 chevelle. I gave him deposits on all 3 cars totalling $14,000 in March of 2009. It's a year and a half later (August 2010) and didn't get anything from him. Now he won't return my call, don't even know where he is. I hear this con man got a lot of people across the country. If anyone knows where he is let me know at [email protected]

PS - how about his big story about the "Dubai Deal" for the sale of a bunch of hemi mopars, what a joke

Tony
Have you contacted authorities ? They might be able to get him on parole violation depending on what he was told to no longer do.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 10, 08:41 PM
Senior Tech

I would also stay clear of that dealer in portland,OR. They know what they are selling.

67 Z-28 - 67 RS/SS 396 canadian- 73 Z-28 Type LT camaro; special paint ( Carolina Blue )
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 19, 02:49 PM
Probationer

Dennis Tuttle is currently in jail in Michigan -car scam - Beware

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mn-man-arrested-connection-250k-203935159.html

See story 11-1-2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode