Team Camaro Tech banner

Orange wire

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  69Camaro350 
#1 ·
Team,

On my 69 Camaro, there is an orange wire that comes from the firewall, goes throught the plastic holder over the distributor, then travels towards the intake manifold. Wehre does this connect and what is it? It looks similar to the wires that would go on the ignition coil. Thanks.....

#6 ·
Sorry guys, The blower motor is already connected with a female connecter. The blower motor is about 1" long with rubber around it and hard to connect with the fender on. The orange wire Im referring to comes out of those same cables and looks like it should hook up to the coil because it looks just like the cables that go on the coil. I'll try to post pics as soon as possible. Thanks

#10 ·
Looking at it closely, on the passenger side on the intake manifold, there is a circular spring that a curburator linkage hook up to it. Could it be that this wire is a simple ground that hooks up to that spring retatiner nut? How do I post a pic of this? Car was all original. Thanks Team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.