1967 Window Felt ?'s - Team Camaro Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 19, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

1967 Window Felt ?'s

Unfortunately my search created more ?'s than answers so I will start my thread.

My car originally had deluxe interior but the window felt moldings are thin, flat vs round with no rubber under the chrome separating it from the door paint. The ones on the car are not likely the originals but IDK. I like the flat and regardless if flat is not "correct" I don't care about that kind of stuff. Just what is the better quality "brand" especially in terms of fit.

Do these just "pull out" and clip back in or is some disassembly needed of the door?

What brand is considered to be the better fit?

I see several offered at Ricks for example. Both flat or round but IDK which brand is better. I also see the outer rear on some types have a rubber layer under the metal and one in particular the rubber flares out where it meets the rear room pillar.

Comments and how to install tips appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 19, 02:28 PM
Senior Tech
Russ

Re: 1967 Window Felt ?'s

Last I checked the Repops brand was supposed to be better than PUI. You can do a search under Restoration Corner or Interiors sections to see what the latest opinion is. They should all have rubber under the bead. And old or original round bead style may have the aged rubber peeled off to give the appearance of no rubber.

I think Repops makes both the flat (termed replacement) and round (termed authentic) bead style, but you'll need to dig thru their site to confirm. The interior style doesn't come into play on a 67, just coupe versus convertible. The rubber flap or flare you mention is for a couple. I don't believe you need to tear into the door, but will want to lay several layers of tape along the top edges to prevent scratching the paint. It takes a little coaxing to get them in.

Repops Automotive Reproductions
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 19, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

^^, thanks

It would appear this is the one. IDK if it is round or flat top. Looks like you just carefully pry off old ones and press on these new ones. I see clips on outers. Are inners held on with glue or just interference fit?

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Repop...ro,117417.html

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 19, 04:11 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal805 View Post
^^, thanks

It would appear this is the one. IDK if it is round or flat top. Looks like you just carefully pry off old ones and press on these new ones. I see clips on outers. Are inners held on with glue or just interference fit?

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Repop...ro,117417.html
That's the set I used. Good quality and fit. No glue. Clips and a couple little screws. The screw head
embeds in the felt so they don't scratch the glass. They can be a pita as they're kind of tough to see.

Al

my 67' build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 19, 06:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Patrick

I have a 1969 Firebird. Every time I try to write a post that pertains to a 1967 Camaro, I say something stupid. So, take what I say with a little scepticism.

I bought the round type Repop fuzzies. They fit my car and look good.

Outter Fuzzies:
The outer fuzzes are held on the door with two screws that are buried in the fuzzie. The screws are at the front and rear of the door. They are a little self tapping screw with a Philips head. Yours might be different since your car has a vent window. There are several clips in the middle and built into the fuzzie. You will see them on your new ones. The clips are inserted in some oval shaped holes on the door. The photo below shows one to the screws and an oval shaped hole.

Take the two screws out of the door fuzzie and lift up on the fuzzie. The piece will pop out of the oval holes with a little effort.

The quarter window fuzzie has one Philips head screw near the door jamb. It has the same type clips that fit into oval shaped holes. It also will pop off if you wiggle and pull up at the same time.

Inner Fuzzie:

The inner fuzzies are stapled to the door panel. You have to remove the staples and either re-staple or glue the new fuzzies.
I have a build thread that mentions how I installed mine.

It is on page 27 post 396.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...photos-27.html

Patrick
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 19, 07:27 AM
Senior Tech
Russ

67 interior door panels don't go all the way to the top of the inner door/door glass, like a 69 does. No stapling of the fuzzies to the door panel. The clips go into slots, similar to how the outer fuzzies mount.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 19, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

For a 67, are there screws that hold the felt trim on or just clips for inner, outers for front & rear windows?

Is there rubber "under" the metal trim (round) that sits on top of the door?

If there is rubber under the metal trim part, does it stick out further than the metal part?

Unfortunately I can't yet find a pic of the Repops felts installed from a exterior & interior POV.

Currently the ones I have are flat and have no rubber under the metal part. My ? is do the Repops, or other brands, cover more of the door surface because they have a rubber segment under the metal round part?

I had searched for videos showing install and was hopeful to find one the "Scared Shiftless" guy does but not seeing any specific to a 67 on felt install

Edit:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3

I did find this video for a 67 but the maker doesn't remember what "brand" the felts are. They do look to be the Repops and if so do have the rubber under the round metal part. On the car in the video the fit looks excellent.

According to the guy in video he says "they just pop out/in" suggesting there are no screws and these can be installed without any door disassembly. IDK if this just applies to outside fronts or inside also and 1/4's for the inside & outside felts also

If anyone has installed these is that true?

Last edited by SoCal805; Nov 21st, 19 at 08:49 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 19, 08:54 AM
Senior Tech
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal805 View Post
For a 67, are there screws that hold the felt trim on or just clips for inner, outers for front & rear windows?

Is there rubber "under" the metal trim (round) that sits on top of the door?

If there is rubber under the metal trim part, does it stick out further than the metal part?

Unfortunately I can't yet find a pic of the Repops felts installed from a exterior & interior POV.

Currently the ones I have are flat and have no rubber under the metal part. My ? is do the Repops, or other brands, cover more of the door surface because they have a rubber segment under the metal round part?

I had searched for videos showing install and was hopeful to find one the "Scared Shiftless" guy does but not seeing any specific to a 67 on felt install

It's been awhile but yes I believe the 67s also have screw at the ends. Look at the Repops ads and they probably show screws along with the strips. There is rubber under the round bead strips, and yes it does extend out further than the ss bead, as did the factory felts. I don't have a close-up picture but you can probably find one online.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 19, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

This is the product pic on Repops site and its the same image used by the various dealers selling it. Hard to see if screws are involved

Certainly having the felts in hand would show if screws are involved or if in fact these just clip in from the top of the doors

This one is another part # so IDK if it is Repops brand just renumbered to a Camaro Central part but the pics show what appear to be possible screw holes

https://www.camarocentral.com/1967_W..._p/wea-105.htm

Regardless if they do have some screws that require at least door panel removal so be it. The fronts are not that big of a deal to take off but rears require the seat to be pulled to get the 1/4 panels off which I have done before to repair regulators but are PIA
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 19, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

67 Camaro

I went with the Repops set, round trim, not flat. As the video I linked of the guy who did his this trim set lays out very nice. I like how the rubber edge flares out where the rear 1/4 meets roof, looks "right". The flat trim I had was "OK" but did not sit flush on the 1/4's like the Repops felt trim does. Also the outer felt part is much thicker than the ones I had and really fills the seam between glass and trim. Car doesn't see any rain driving but does get washed so these should keep water from going into doors better

Only screws (2) involved were the front of the inside rear 1/4 piece.

For anyone swapping out the felt trims I would, and did, use masking tape on the door inside & out where the trim meets the paint so I didn't scratch the paint removing/installing them. You do need some form of tool to get under the clips to pop them out
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 19, 09:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Sounds like my old thread is still relevant. Too bad the pictures are outdated.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/34-re...dow-felts.html

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 19, 09:48 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh View Post
Sounds like my old thread is still relevant. Too bad the pictures are outdated.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/34-re...dow-felts.html
Roger, If you mean the photos are outdated due to Photo Bucket, I posted a new fix for this in
the last couple of weeks. I can see all of the pics in the thread you linked.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/11-be...=1574527408122

Al

my 67' build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode