Team Camaro Tech banner

Mini tubs, Expected cost to have done?

14K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  EVL SS 
#1 ·
What would y'all expect the cost would be to have a shop do the DSE mini tubs for me? I was going to do them myself over the winter but I just moved from Ohio to South Bend and don't have the shop/garage to work out of anymore and really want them done before spring. Any estimates or real world experience from those who paid to have it done?

#2 ·
$1000 labor plus the cost of the tubs.

Does not include narrowing axles, relocating shocks etc.

With tubs you're still limited on wheel/tire size do the OEM spring and shock location.

To fully complete the job will also need new wheels and tires.

#4 ·
I just did mine, first time ever.
Took me two full weekends. First side Friday to Sunday. Second side went quicker started Friday finished on a Saturday
Shop would probably say a week to be safe.
Installed the Speedtech torque arm the 3rd weekend. Drove it the following weekend at an autocross. Nothing fell off.

#7 ·
I just completed the mini tub with Ridetech 4 link. mine was extensive due to hidden rot in the trunk area and the quarters needed replacing. So if there are no issues with your frame or Sheet metal Im thinking 2 grand.
I had the chance to actually drive a car with Torque arm suspension and I wasn't pleased in the least! also the fact that the added weight and its a PITA to get the driveshaft out. a few pics of my install.

Attachments

#8 ·
The last 3 I built. 2 Torque Arm and 1 DSE Quadralink. The DSE was best but for a street car not worth the cost and chopping up the floor pans.

My buddie did a Ridetech 4 Link and it’s ok but 4 Link is really designed for more straight line performance.

#14 ·
So you get up to a 345 tire on the back.

For 99% of us it’s the look we are after.

The tubbing itself is the least of the expense. Narrowed rear end relocating springs and shocks or going with a different suspension, new wheel and tire and of course with bigger wheels you gotta have big brakes.

I figure about $6k all in by the time you’re done. :surprise:

#21 ·
That's about a 3 hour ride for me. I called and left them a message so we'll see what they have to say. Thanks.

I'd really like to find someone down towards the Fort Wayne area since it looks like that's where i'm going to end up in the spring.

#24 ·
I looked at the websites for Midwest Nova Kings and the one EVL SS Pmed me about. I'm thinking of trying to go to Midwest Nova kings for a shop tour. I'm impressed by the fact that they advertise a flat labor price and quick turn around. The Website for the other guy has a lot of impressive race car and suspension pictures but nothing appeared to be in the scope of work I need done.

Jeff

#25 · (Edited)
Full discloser, I only have had work done by the shop I pm'e about and it work out great for me. I also have extremely high expectations and they were met with professionalism and quality work at a good price. He is a full, one stop shop and a mechanical engineer. No hobby shop here. In house CNC, sheetmetal, welding, etc.. No outsourcing.

I can't speak for the other shop but, I would always get quotes and visit as many shops as you can. Nova Kings could be awesome, I just never worked with them.

And as a full on joke - Who would you bring a Camaro to a Nova King? lol..

Also, if admins are ok, I would be happy to post the website to the shop(not sure what the rules are).

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.