67 front fender C.I. emblem placement ? - Team Camaro Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

67 front fender C.I. emblem placement ?

I have looked in the sticky, and CRG, regarding the bumble bee stripe but need some input on the # (327 in this case) placement on the front part of the fender

My sense is the # starts about 3/4" above the body line but not sure how far back from the front edge of the fender.

I am not putting a bumble stripe (RPO D91) on, just the motor CI #'s. These are self stick individual #'s (327) so no holes

I am not concerned about "correct" badging...but do want to get a clearer measurement regarding the placement if anyone can provide measurements:

how high above body line
how far back from front edge of bumper for the 1st #

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 09:01 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Re: 67 front fender C.I. emblem placement ?

In 67, engine displacement emblems were placed behind the front wheel wells, in front of the fender/door jamb, under the Camaro emblem. They were the twin V flag style. RS and SS emblems were placed on the front edge of the fenders. Are you going '68 style?

Pics in my garage for reference.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I am not concerned where they were placed originally.

My ? is about measurements where C.I. is often shown where the break was in the Bumble Bee stripe

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 09:12 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

Got it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 11:46 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Roger, I take it you want to place the "327" emblem as it was done on 68's. I would start
with the 68 AIM UPC 11-13 A7. The AIM dimensions are from reference positions and to
the mounting studs but you'll get an idea. I considered doing this on my 67 but changed
my mind. This is a thread I saved that will give you one of the dimensions your asking for.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/34-re...-location.html

Al

my 67' build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks Al, I don't have a 68 Assembly manual...yeah I am on the fence about this. I do have the 327 stick on numbers though so have been chewing on the idea of putting them on.

My car has been completely de-badged with all holes filled by PO. Not intending on putting on a Bumble Bee stripe where the emblem placement would be dictated by that but was trying to mimic that emblem location if I put them on.

Looks like the 3 or 7, depending on which fender, would be 3/4" away from frond fender edge according to the thread link you provided

These are the #'s I have

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/CHEVROLET-32...72.m2749.l2649
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 12:33 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Just use the bb stripe dims from the 67 AIM and tape it out. Then center the emblems or
position them where you like them. Just my opinion but I don't like those shiny emblems.
I much prefer the chrome outline with painted numbers as was used on the 68's.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/29-fo...lems-sale.html

Al

my 67' build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Ha...I didn't like the white with chrome outline :-) each to their own likes

The individual # vs the linked emblem is what I prefer. Either is not "correct" for a 67 but I am not concerned about being factory correct. Nothing wrong for those who are.

Have had the 327 emblems in my parts box for awhile and just saw them when going through some stuff and thinking about putting them on which started this "what are measurements" thread.

Who knows, if I do put them on I may hate them but a hair dryer and some monofilament line will take them right off
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 19, 02:09 PM
Senior Tech
Al

I agree to each his own. That's what makes this a hobby IMHO. Everyone has their own
personal touches. It'd be pretty boring if every car looked alike. Post pics if you do it.

Al

my 67' build thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode