Team Camaro Tech banner

New trunk torsion bars - does not hold the lid

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  gn69z28 
#1 ·
Hi, i buy new pair of torsion bars for lid, because i lost somewhere my old. Today i install new one and the trunk fall dawn there is no tension to hold the trunk up :( Can you see if I have something wrong?

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks correct to me. The only thing I noticed is the rods that attach to the Trunk hinge are not touching the notch on the bracket. (hard to describe). Is your trunk lid partially closed in the picture? Push the trunk fully up while looking at the hinge area rods. Then close it a bit while looking. It may help you understand the notches I am talking about.

#11 ·
I buy rods from ebay seller - windy_city_muscle_cars

Manufacturer Part Number: GMK4020704672P

CS-SKU: 437:GMK4020704672P

Brand: Goodmark

I am from Europe - Czech rep. i pay 73,- bucks and about 100,- for shiping and charges :frown2:

#17 ·
The aftermarket torsion rods aren't strong enough. They aren't bent correctly. I went through the same problem. Torsion rods for trunk lid with spoiler wouldn't hold trunk lid up without the spoiler installed. Put my rusted original rods on and trunk lid stayed up. Find some original ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.