Team Camaro Tech banner

68 core support dimensions

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Sauron67MM 
#1 ·
I have a 68 std couple. Years ago my son rear ended a suv with rear tire mounted on back and pushed in the grill, radiator, etc - all above the bumper. I’m finally getting around to fixing it. The core support was bent back a bit but generally in good shape and I’d like to keep it. I built a fixture and was able to tweak it back so it fits well with fenders and new hood latch and header. Problems remain with the diagonal braces (about 1/2” off) and the bottom of the hood latch support.

I’m wondering if there exist any drawing with dimensions of the core support. I found a page in AIM which shows the fender to fender mount dimension and location of the hood latch surface. I’ve also found some good pics of core supports and made enough measurements so I think I know what I need to do - but it’d be nice to have some good specs.

Thanks
Ed

#3 ·
Thanks - I'm doing this in my garage and don't have those kinds of machines. In any case, the header, hood latch, and hood were damaged beyond repair - so not sure what would have been pulled to what without replacing them first? maybe I misunderstand. The subframe is straight/square.

I could, of course, replace the core support and not mess with it but I don't do this stuff because it makes sense - I do it because I'd rather solve this type of problem than do crosswords. I have luxury of doing this as a hobby and not a business. I do appreciate the response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.