Welcome Classic Industries! - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Classic Industries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 11:59 AM

Re: Welcome Classic Industries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L30 327 View Post
I bought an OER console from C.I. in 2004 for my '69 coupe. I took it out of the box it,cleaned it up good,and painted it the correct dark blue to match my interior. When I went to assemble it,much to my surprise I discovered that the main storage area lid had a VERY! poor fit to the console body. And the rear ash tray lid's holes were not in the correct location making the lid grind into the console body when attempting to open it,ruining the expensive paint job I had just given it.
When I contacted C.I. about this, I was told that since I had already painted it that I was stuck w/ it. I was not impressed with this type customer service to say the least. I was also told that if I could send them a "picture of the problem" that they would send me $100 back, if they thought it was "that" bad. At that time I did not own a digital camera so I did not take them up on it. I came away from the deal thinking, O.K. we sold you a P.O.S. Chinese console that is all screwed up for $400, we will knock that down to $300 since you called us on it. Great.
Since then I have slotted and shimmed the main lid hinges,correcting that problem. For the ash tray lid I had to close up and re drill those holes to obtain the proper swing. I do have to say that after about 25 hours of work that I should not of had to do to it, the thing looks pretty damn good,and it's pretty hard to tell that it's a OER from China, Thanks Classic.
It is important for us to receive feedback from enthusiasts in the field so that we can continue to improve our product offering. Whether it is correcting design and/or fitment issues or identifying products that there is a demand for, but that have not yet been reproduced, this interaction is key. The issue that you have described with this console is a good example of that. Much has changed in the 8 years since you experienced difficulty assembling your console kit. Back then, there were no pre-assembled consoles on the market, console kits had to be assembled by the consumer. Because of the feedback we received from customers over the years, we realized that a pre-assembled console might be a good product to offer for the do-it-yourselfer. Many man-hours went into the development of pre-assembled consoles and now you can buy a console that is pretty much a bolt-on item right of the box. Point is, we take quality and issues with fitment very seriously and care deeply about making certain that the products we offer are the best available in the market.

We are sorry that your experience with our console kit was unsatisfactory. In your particular case, it sounds like the agent offered a compromise, but you chose not to follow through at the time for whatever reason. We understand and empathize, perhaps you were too busy or didn't have a digital camera at the time. Bottom line is, we do not want this to remain a bad experience without resolution. If you will PM the details to us, your account number and any other pertinent information about this transaction, we would be happy to review this issue again and perhaps we can come up with a resolution that you feel is fair. Please let us know if you will allow us the opportunity and thank you for the comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr68 View Post
Will you guys offer the Classic Industries Visa again ?
I think it was like 15% off my order when I used it.
Hello jr68. Thanks for the inquiry. We do have a new credit card program available that provides a discount off your order when you use it to purchase parts from Classic Industries. One of the more popular features of this card is that you can "Make Your Car a Star!" and have a picture of your car printed right on the card. Otherwise you have your choice of several other predesigned cards as well.

Here is a link to to information about this new program: http://www.classicindustries.com/con...reditCardApply
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefley View Post
Welcome, I have not purchased any items from CI (Yet) when I compared prices to another big name co they were cheaper... do you offer discounts for members, or have promos at times?

I am not against paying a little more for my parts but now days every penny counts.

I have a lot of parts to still buy from my 68.
Hello thefley,

We do have special offers and promotions that you can sign up for at the following link.

http://www.classicindustries.com/eblast/

We also have a "Price Match Guarantee" that you can use to ensure that you always get the best deal when you shop at Classic Industries!

Thanks for the comment.

Last edited by ClassicIndustries1; Apr 26th, 12 at 01:46 PM.

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOW64 View Post
website slow.

i was shopping for camaro parts the other day. price comparing between several vendors. ci's site was so slow it wasn't even worth trying to check prices. ended up ordering from ground up.
i wanted to take advantage of the april discount to.
Hello 1SLOW64, Very sorry to hear that you had issues with shopping online. We do our best to resolve any issues with the performance of our website as quickly as possible. We hope you will visit us again in the future. We would also like to mention that we do have a new site in development that will offer many new features. It should be ready soon, so please keep an eye out for it. Best Regards.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkbrau View Post
Not to rub salt in the wound, but I always fit test prior to painting or hammering. When i bought my front fenders at CI I made two trips back down the 405 to the showroom to exchange the ones that had a poor fit. Finally found ones that fit somehwat better than the others.

I dont see the CI VISA advertised in the catalog anymore Jerry. I wonder if they still offer the discount if the card is not expired as i came close to getting that thing years ago when i was spending money like a mad man at CI.
We highly recommend making this standard procedure when restoring classic vehicles. We have built a number of cars on popular TV shows like Chop Cut Rebuild for instance and this is standard procedure on our builds to ensure that everything aligns nicely and any modifications are done PRIOR to laying down paint.

As far as the credit card offer, we do have a new credit card program available that provides a discount off your order when you use it to purchase parts from Classic Industries. One of the more popular features of this card is that you can "Make Your Car a Star!" and have a picture of your car printed right on the card. Otherwise you have your choice of several other predesigned cards as well.

Here is a link to to information about this new program: Make Your Car a Star! Classic Industries VISA card

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by ClassicIndustries1; Apr 26th, 12 at 01:49 PM.
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage 68 View Post
Thanks for the insight Dennis

Hummm - I think they might edit that ...
Well, we have a sense of humor and can take a joke, so we will not edit that comment.

Instead, we would like to point out that we have built many cars with the parts offered in our catalogs. One of them, you may recognize, and can be seen here: Classic Industries Camotion Camaro

Another one, the 1953 Classic Industries Shop Truck was assembled completely out of parts from our truck catalog aside from the hood which was not available as a reproduction.

And then of course, there is the Classic Industries Sweet Imotion Impala and the InNOVAtion Nova!

In all of these builds we always make sure to test fit all panels PRIOR to painting. In our catalogs, we even have a full page dedicated to explaining how to achieve the best results when installing sheet metal. If you are doing it yourself, we recommend all alignments and/or modifications be made PRIOR to final fit and installation. As you know, there are enthusiasts with all levels of skill and expertise that like to do-it-yourself, so we also state the following:

For Best Results, Hire a Professional to Install the Panels:
Classic Industries recommends that you hire a professional paint and body technician that has the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to install the new panels on your vehicle. A professional body technician will be able to prepare the panels for installation and repair any imperfections.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by ClassicIndustries1; Apr 26th, 12 at 01:58 PM.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 01:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Thumbs up Re: Welcome Classic Industries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicIndustries1 View Post
Well, we have a sense of humor and can take a joke, so we will not edit that comment. ...

Thanks for the comments.
I figured y'all had a sense of humor - after all, you've been putting up with me for just shy of 30 years now

Hope your sponsorship here gives you a good forum to present new products - and allow for their review - as well as a way to address members questions and needs.
Again, Welcome to Team CAMARO

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage 68 View Post
I figured y'all had a sense of humor - after all, you've been putting up with me for just shy of 30 years now

Hope your sponsorship here gives you a good forum to present new products - and allow for their review - as well as a way to address members questions and needs.
Again, Welcome to Team CAMARO
Thanks so much. We are sure it will and we appreciate the valuable input from Team Camaro members.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 12, 09:23 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicIndustries1 View Post
It is important for us to receive feedback from enthusiasts in the field so that we can continue to improve our product offering. Whether it is correcting design and/or fitment issues or identifying products that there is a demand for, but that have not yet been reproduced, this interaction is key. The issue that you have described with this console is a good example of that. Much has changed in the 8 years since you experienced difficulty assembling your console kit. Back then, there were no pre-assembled consoles on the market, console kits had to be assembled by the consumer. Because of the feedback we received from customers over the years, we realized that a pre-assembled console might be a good product to offer for the do-it-yourselfer. Many man-hours went into the development of pre-assembled consoles and now you can buy a console that is pretty much a bolt-on item right of the box. Point is, we take quality and issues with fitment very seriously and care deeply about making certain that the products we offer are the best available in the market.

We are sorry that your experience with our console kit was unsatisfactory. In your particular case, it sounds like the agent offered a compromise, but you chose not to follow through at the time for whatever reason. We understand and empathize, perhaps you were too busy or didn't have a digital camera at the time. Bottom line is, we do not want this to remain a bad experience without resolution. If you will PM the details to us, your account number and any other pertinent information about this transaction, we would be happy to review this issue again and perhaps we can come up with a resolution that you feel is fair. Please let us know if you will allow us the opportunity and thank you for the comment.
I think I may have gotten I bit carried away about the console experience and posted some not so good comments,sorry about that. The console looks and works very nice now,so all is good. I appreciate your kind offer to resolve,but at this time there is really no need for any further action,but thanks anyway.
Now if you could just get OER to do something with those padded A Pillars , that would be great.

'69 Camaro, w/'67 L30 327 .030, L79 cam, 700DP, M20, 3.73 12 Bolt
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 12, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I think I may have gotten I bit carried away about the console experience and posted some not so good comments,sorry about that. The console looks and works very nice now,so all is good. I appreciate your kind offer to resolve,but at this time there is really no need for any further action,but thanks anyway.
Now if you could just get OER to do something with those padded A Pillars , that would be great.
Thank you. We do care about quality, fit, originality and all of the things that are important to Team Camaro members. Many of us here are enthusiasts, too and we have classic cars that we have built or are currently working on and we use the parts we offer on our own builds. So, we understand the importance of offering a good product. We have a merchandising group that scours the marketplace for new items and a quality control team that tests anything that we have direct control over as far as manufacturing. That said, we do carry tens of thousands of parts from hundreds of other vendors and it is an enormous task to be aware of every issue that might occur with all of these various parts. So, we do appreciate feedback and we act on it to affect change or correction whenever necessary and possible. Sometimes things are out of our direct control and the most we can do is discontinue selling an item or begin a search for an alternate product or supplier. Please elaborate on which a-pillars you are talking about and exactly what the issues are and we will see what we can do to resolve any issues there may be. Thanks.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 12, 10:27 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

The '69 padded pillar post moldings. The ones I ordered were about 1" too short,the mounting holes didn't line up too good,and the whole thing was just kind of like a floppy piece of rubber,nothing like the original.

'69 Camaro, w/'67 L30 327 .030, L79 cam, 700DP, M20, 3.73 12 Bolt
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 12, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The '69 padded pillar post moldings. The ones I ordered were about 1" too short,the mounting holes didn't line up too good,and the whole thing was just kind of like a floppy piece of rubber,nothing like the original.
Thanks for the comment. We have submitted a ticket to our tech dept. and will have them research this item, test fit, etc. and see what we may be able to do to resolve any issues there may be.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old May 8th, 12, 07:36 PM
Tech Team
Jeff Clark

Since restarting my Camaro project I have made a few orders, I recently got one order a part was damaged, I called right when the box was opened and took pics, the person I got gave me the wrong email address I think he may have been new, BUT when I got the correct email address I got a call in just a couple hours saying sorry and a new part is on its way. Im not a real demanding person and like to work within reason and I would say my experience with CI has been nothing but good! Thanks and I will continue my project being supplied by Classic Industries!
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old May 9th, 12, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Clark View Post
Since restarting my Camaro project I have made a few orders, I recently got one order a part was damaged, I called right when the box was opened and took pics, the person I got gave me the wrong email address I think he may have been new, BUT when I got the correct email address I got a call in just a couple hours saying sorry and a new part is on its way. Im not a real demanding person and like to work within reason and I would say my experience with CI has been nothing but good! Thanks and I will continue my project being supplied by Classic Industries!
Thank you Mr. Clark. We are pleased to see that you were satisfied with our service. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Good luck with your project.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 13, 12:39 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

I just ordered a bunch of parts from NPD because they seemed to be cheaper as they always have their lowest rates. I asked around for a code and looked on the net but couldn't find one. I buy all my stuff from Classic so its disappointing I couldn't this time.

I also understand why you wouldn't want to give one group a code to always use. If you did that you would have to do it for everyone to be fair. In essence, you would be dropping your prices by 20%. The profit sinks and you may undercut competition to the point that they are no longer in business. That's not good for the consumer.

I did pay less than I would have from you but not 20 per cent which is what I was just offered in my email. I ordered the stuff 2 days ago because I need it by next week. I should have known you guys would do this as you and year one have sales almost every month between you so its my fault not yours and I don't expect a permanent 20%. However, is there any chance the guys on this board could get a group purchase now and again as we all don't always need to order a massive amount of parts like some guys would to get the price brake at I think it was $1000 but I could be wrong. So could we do a group purchase discount or would the sticking point be separate addresses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode