Welcome Classic Industries! - Page 3 - Team Camaro Tech
Classic Industries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 13, 07:20 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Pat

Re: Welcome Classic Industries!

I ordered some parts on the 4th of March. 2 days later I received an email from Classic "March Madness sale 20% off. At the time of order it was not offered or mentioned. I called back to get the discount and was told sorry it was too late to do anything now. The salesman asked for my # and said someone will get back to me.......been a week and still waiting.

1969 Camaro X77 Z/28 Lemans Blue
1991 Camaro z28 1LE-R7U #58 Players Challenge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 13, 02:50 PM
Team Member
Jake

While i love Classic Industries and have ordered items from them multiple times...their website is VERY SLOW. Almost to the point of a complete failure. I've even tried at different times of the day thinking that they may have had a lot of traffic when i was trying to look things up. Nope, makes no difference. Otherwise, top notch!
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 13, 03:30 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Used to be that Classic was the only game in town. Not so anymore. I used to order exclusively from CI, but now it seems they are not competitive. Even with their discounts, if it will actually apply to what it is you are shopping for, by the time you pay for shipping and handling its too much.

Kudos to them for being a pioneer in the industry and having such an extensive inventory. Thier catalog is second to none and I have often used it as a reference for whats available. But when it comes right down to it, price does matter.

As others have mentioned their website is impossibly slow rendering it almost useless. At least thats been my experience.

And this too shall pass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 13, 05:03 PM
Tech Team
Duane

Welcome Classic Industries, your awesome!!!
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 13, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
I just ordered a bunch of parts from NPD because they seemed to be cheaper as they always have their lowest rates. I asked around for a code and looked on the net but couldn't find one. I buy all my stuff from Classic so its disappointing I couldn't this time.

I also understand why you wouldn't want to give one group a code to always use. If you did that you would have to do it for everyone to be fair. In essence, you would be dropping your prices by 20%. The profit sinks and you may undercut competition to the point that they are no longer in business. That's not good for the consumer.

I did pay less than I would have from you but not 20 per cent which is what I was just offered in my email. I ordered the stuff 2 days ago because I need it by next week. I should have known you guys would do this as you and year one have sales almost every month between you so its my fault not yours and I don't expect a permanent 20%. However, is there any chance the guys on this board could get a group purchase now and again as we all don't always need to order a massive amount of parts like some guys would to get the price brake at I think it was $1000 but I could be wrong. So could we do a group purchase discount or would the sticking point be separate addresses?
Hi Ishmael,

Thanks for the comment. I think you are referring to our volume discounts program which is designed to reward the customer who consolidates their purchases into one volume purchase instead of placing multiple smaller orders. The philosophy is that it is less costly for the company to take one large order, than it is to fulfill multiple smaller orders. So, the company can pass these savings on to the consumer. Here is how the program works.

Orders of $500 or more, receive a 5% discount.
Orders of $1000 or more receive a 10% discount, plus FREE* ground shipping. *Some restrictions apply, click this link for details.

We understand your interest in discounts for forum members and group buys. We like the idea of implementing a discount for members of our sponsored forums, but currently, there are limitations to what we can do from a technical standpoint. You mentioned the separate addresses being a problem for group purchases and you are correct, this does create a problem for us. At this time, our computer system cannot process an order with multiple shipping addresses. But in addition to that issue, there are also security issues to consider involving the sharing of an account, credit card verification, the handling of returns and crediting back charges for returned merchandise, etc. that makes the proposal much more difficult to implement than one would imagine at first glance. We do appreciate our relationship with the members of this forum, so in the meantime, we invite each one of you to please sign up for our eblast so you are always the first to know when we have a promotion. And if we can be of any further assistance to any of you, please let us know.

Ray Yager - Merchandising Director
Classic Industries
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 13, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph675 View Post
Welcome Classic Industries, your awesome!!!
Thanks, triumph675!!
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 13, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67restoproj View Post
I ordered some parts on the 4th of March. 2 days later I received an email from Classic "March Madness sale 20% off. At the time of order it was not offered or mentioned. I called back to get the discount and was told sorry it was too late to do anything now. The salesman asked for my # and said someone will get back to me.......been a week and still waiting.
Hello 67restoproj,

Thanks for the comment. Sorry that the timing was slightly off on our promotion and it did not match up with the date of your purchase. Unfortunately, the agents that take the calls have no way of knowing if you are responding to a promotion unless you mention it to them at the time of the order. Please note that our March Madness Promotion is generally reserved for those that have signed up for our eblast and not everyone that calls in is eligible, so that is why an agent would not mention it during the call. There may also be a variety of other promotions going on at the same time, so an agent is trained to enter a code if the customer provides it. They do not know the codes ahead of time and there may be too many varied promotions going on simultaneously with various expiration dates, offers, etc. for them to keep up with. Additionally, promotions are not retroactive. I believe the March Madness promotion started on the 7th of March if I am not mistaken. That said, we empathize with you and ask that you please PM us here with your details, customer number, order number, etc. so we can look into the issue further. We are sorry that you did not get a call back with an explanation, and we would like to find out what went wrong and make it up to you somehow.

Classic Industries
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 13, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 697ibew View Post
While i love Classic Industries and have ordered items from them multiple times...their website is VERY SLOW. Almost to the point of a complete failure. I've even tried at different times of the day thinking that they may have had a lot of traffic when i was trying to look things up. Nope, makes no difference. Otherwise, top notch!
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the comment about us being top notch. And, thanks for being a valued customer. We want to let you know that we have a new and improved web experience launching very soon that will greatly improve the user experience online. We are sorry for the inconvenience. But, just want you to know that we are in a mode of continuous improvement here and we value everyone's support and feedback. A better web experience is right around the corner.

Classic Industries
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 13, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workng247 View Post
Used to be that Classic was the only game in town. Not so anymore. I used to order exclusively from CI, but now it seems they are not competitive. Even with their discounts, if it will actually apply to what it is you are shopping for, by the time you pay for shipping and handling its too much.

Kudos to them for being a pioneer in the industry and having such an extensive inventory. Thier catalog is second to none and I have often used it as a reference for whats available. But when it comes right down to it, price does matter.

As others have mentioned their website is impossibly slow rendering it almost useless. At least thats been my experience.
Hi workng247,

Thanks for your past business. We really appreciate it. Your comments are noted. However, we would like to point out that we are on opposite coasts. You are on the Atlantic Coast of Central Florida while we are 2500 miles away on the beaches of Southern California. So, logistically, that does create some challenges in regards to the cost of shipping items coast to coast. But, please note that we do have a Price Match Guarantee, Volume Discounts, and we often run FREE SHIPPING promotions that can dramatically level the playing field. We also offer excellent customer service with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, technical support, and we have a HUGE inventory of products on-hand and an amazing selection of parts and accessories! We often keep the rare items, odd colors, slow movers, etc. in stock and ready to ship within 24-48 hours whereas others may dropship, just order it as needed or offer items only on a special order basis. So, when you look at the big picture, we do have a LOT to offer Camaro enthusiasts. We hope you will sign up for eblasts if you haven't done so already and give us another look next time you need to order parts. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Classic Industries
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 13, 07:08 PM

Team Camaro Members! Get up to 20% off* with the extended Classic Industries Spring Sale!

Classic Industries is extending the spring savings! Get your project rolling and save up to 20% off* your order! It's our way of thanking you for being a Team Camaro Forum Member and a loyal Classic Industries customer. Some restrictions apply. Please check www.classicindustries.com for complete details. Hurry, offer ends April 2nd, 2013 at midnight PST. Use code MAD13 when asked during checkout.

post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 13, 08:04 PM
Team Member
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicIndustries1 View Post
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the comment about us being top notch. And, thanks for being a valued customer. We want to let you know that we have a new and improved web experience launching very soon that will greatly improve the user experience online. We are sorry for the inconvenience. But, just want you to know that we are in a mode of continuous improvement here and we value everyone's support and feedback. A better web experience is right around the corner.

Classic Industries
Thank you Ray. Keep up the good work, it is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode