Help me find this steering wheel - Team Camaro Tech
Classic Industries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 12, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Help me find this steering wheel

I was looking for a standatd steering wheel to replace the Grant one in my 67. I ordered one from Classic Industries and received the following:

Its not what I thought the picture looked like online. I was actually looking for this style of wheel:

But in black.

I researched on camaros.org and found that the wheel I have is actually RPO N30 which was a "nicer" wheel that was available with both interiors.

Anyone know where I can find the red style one, but in black?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 12, 05:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

Re: Help me find this steering wheel

Looks like you may have ordered the wrong one or they sent the wrong one.

I believe this the one you want...
http://www.classicindustries.com/cam...s/9745977.html

Available exclusively in black.

68 Camaro SS 396 - 468 BBC now, M21, 12 bolt 3.73 coded housing but w/ 3.31 gears.
Looking for 68 Camaro with body number NOR 181016
CRG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 12, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Thanks for the reply Byron,
Thats what I ordered and the same part # appears on the box too??
I'll have to call them tomorrow to see if there is some sort of mix up.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 12, 09:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

That sounds good. Let us know what you find out.

I used to have a couple of extra originals, but I sold them.

68 Camaro SS 396 - 468 BBC now, M21, 12 bolt 3.73 coded housing but w/ 3.31 gears.
CRG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 07:14 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny mac 1967 View Post
That's not an N30 from a '67 Camaro. It's similar, but from my research, I didn't think anyone was reproducing the '67 N30's. And the 68 N30 looks nothing like the '67.

Here's a pic of my '67 N30 with a leather Wheelskin on it:

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 07:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Just did a quick google search and found this. http://www.classicindustries.com/nov...s/9745764.html. Looks like a '67 Nova SS steering wheel:

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 07:25 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Here's what you want from Classic: http://www.classicindustries.com/cam...s/9745977.html (1967-1968 camaro standard steering wheel)

And from Rick's: http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-s...1967-1968.html

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 08:48 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
Here's what you want from Classic: http://www.classicindustries.com/cam...s/9745977.html (1967-1968 camaro standard steering wheel)

And from Rick's: http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-s...1967-1968.html
That is the wheel he ordered. Look at the part numbers, they are the same. What he got, I have no idea. There is no wheel listed like that in thier catalog. It must have been mispackaged.

The problem is the vendors don't know or care what wheel is what. They will sell you what they have in inventory of reproduction wheels.

For example, they have that wheel listed as standard for both 67 and 68. It is not. It's a 67 wheel only. What they call a 67 and 68 deluxe wheel is really a 67 deluxe wheel and a 68 standard wheel. The 68 deluxe wheel is not reproduced, but there is a big demand for it so they market the wheels they have incorrectly to sell to unsuspecting customers.

How's that for a conspiracy theory, lol?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 08:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

Right. And the link to the correct one is the same one I posted 2 days ago.

CRG -
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 08:59 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm66 View Post
Right. And the link to the correct one is the same one I posted 2 days ago.
But the one in your link is the one he ordered...
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 09:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

I agree. Likely put in the wrong box.

He ordered the correct one, they sent something else.

CRG -
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 09:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

So return it and get the right one from them, or use the link I provided from Rick's.

Or just do a Google search for 1967 Camaro standard steering wheel and order from one of the other suppliers.

I just think Classic put the Nova wheel in the Camaro box.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 10:01 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Ragtop View Post
That is the wheel he ordered. Look at the part numbers, they are the same. What he got, I have no idea. There is no wheel listed like that in thier catalog. It must have been mispackaged.
Look at the pic and link in my post #6. That is from Classic, just for the Nova.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 10:16 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
Look at the pic and link in my post #6. That is from Classic, just for the Nova.
Yes, I think your right. I only looked in the Camaro catalog.

But that brings up a new dilemma. He paid for a $199 wheel and received a $279 wheel by mistake! Return? resell? use it?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 12, 10:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Ragtop View Post
Yes, I think your right. I only looked in the Camaro catalog.

But that brings up a new dilemma. He paid for a $199 wheel and received a $279 wheel by mistake! Return? resell? use it?
Exchange it. Not worth the bad karma to resell at a profit. He'd probably sell it on eBay or Craigslist and get scammed out of his money.

Honestly, I'd just call Classic, explain what happened, request an exchange where they pay return shipping and make sure the look in the box before sending out the new one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode