It's Back! - Team Camaro Tech
Ride of the Month This is a contest for the community to choose which car is the Ride of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 15, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Talking It's Back!

A tradition steeped in pride, is coming back to Team Camaro.
ROTM
The Ride Of The Month was a monthly contest for Team Camaro members to nominate their favourite rides and project cars, that were voted upon by the TC membership to elect a monthly ROTM winner. The last such award being made in July of 2013. For some reason nominations occurred for the August 2013 ROTM, but sadly a voting poll never was posted and a winner never selected. The ROTM feature cruised into the pits but we are happy to announce it’s triumphant return after a twenty-one month pit-stop.

What does the winner get?
Besides boasting rights conferred upon the owner by their peers - the ever mindful and world respected membership of Team Camaro – the winner also gets a swag-bag from this months sponsor CoverCraft and on top of that, their winning Camaro will become the featured image for Team Camaro the entire following Month.

How will it work?
Nominations for the next monthly winner will begin the first of each month closing at midnight Pacific time on the 15th of each month. Any member can nominate a ride from any generation of Camaro. (As with everything Team Camaro our cousin the Firebird and their owners are also welcome to enter.)

Submissions will be posted to the official monthly thread in the ROTM forum and require three current individual photos – NO COLLAGE or slide shows - of the ride being nominated along with the list of options or if a modified – the listing of modifications completed.

What are the rules?
As in the past the simple rules remain the same:
Pictures must be of current state of car...only exception is winter tires.
Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included.
If your wheels/retros/suspension/etc. are currently for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
Cars that are currently for sale may not be submitted.
No "Future Modifications" listings allowed.

Voting for the nominated vehicles will begin on the 16th each month via a posted poll in the ROTM forum. The ride that gets the most votes by Midnight Pacific the 28th each month wins.

When will the ROTM contests start up again?
April 2nd 2015 will be the first day of nominations for the ROTM – May 2015.
Gentle-folk - Start Your Engines!

Sponsored by:

Since the last nominations back in August 2013 were never voted upon I hereby declare all three exceptional nominations winners and ROTM's for August 2013 through March 2015. Congratulations to Brian (BrianS) Brian (brian2013) and Scott (slugo10).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	profilepic81778_1.gif.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	105505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian 2013 DSC_0746_zps8917f82e.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	105513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian s camaro2.low_res-52048229.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	105521  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scott-Camero-Sundown-BayBridge.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	426.6 KB
ID:	105529  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message

Last edited by 69-Pace; Mar 25th, 15 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 15, 08:19 PM
John

Garage
Re: It's Back!

Three Cheers
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 02:29 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Cool !

Thanks to all who had a hand in bringing this back to life.....

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 02:48 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

You are the man Brian....I'm sure your hard work will be enjoyed.

Thanks for getting it back

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Good job, Brian.
Let me nominate you for a merit pay raise.
And Thank you Covercraft!

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 03:21 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

question on the pictures.
should the three pictures be, one of the outside, one of the inside, and one of the engine, or should all three be of the outside
thanks
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 04:30 AM
Kevin

Good idea Kevin! Since we are talking about current pictures, it should be easy for someone to snap outside, inside and engine pics.

One more question on the nomination. Normally someone nominates a person not them selves, so this should be someone nominating someone else's Camaro, right? how do they get the current pics and post them for someone else's Camaro?

Kevin

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Yes Kevin the traditional views are of the over all vehicle view from the front/side perspective, the interior and the engine bay.

When the nomination thread for next months contest is posted on the 2nd it will have an example and the rules once more.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat tire View Post
should the three pictures be, one of the outside, one of the inside, and one of the engine, or should all three be of the outside
thanks

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
One more question on the nomination. Normally someone nominates a person not them selves, so this should be someone nominating someone else's Camaro, right? how do they get the current pics and post them for someone else's Camaro?
As in the past your may nominate your own ride.

Quote:

Nominations for the next monthly winner will begin the first of each month closing at midnight Pacific time on the 15th of each month. Any member can nominate a ride from any generation of Camaro. (As with everything Team Camaro our cousin the Firebird and their owners are also welcome to enter.)

Submissions will be posted to the official monthly thread in the ROTM forum and require three current individual photos NO COLLAGE or slide shows - of the ride being nominated along with the list of options or if a modified the listing of modifications completed.
  • Pictures must be of current state of car...only exception is winter tires.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included.
  • If your wheels/retros/suspension/etc. are currently for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • Cars that are currently for sale may not be submitted.
  • No "Future Modifications" listings allowed.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 04:50 AM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat tire View Post
thanks
The pictures can be any 3 pictures of the car. There is no requirement that they be specific views.

Rivets not allowed in ROTM pictures. Lol
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 05:25 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Very cool Brian!!
Thanks to the site , all mods and sponsers that help with this
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 06:55 PM
Senior Tech
mike

Why not nominate all the cars that were ignored. I thought the ride of the month was for the forum readers to chose. I guess I get left out?
I think there were only 4 cars so....
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 07:09 PM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockragtop View Post
Why not nominate all the cars that were ignored. I thought the ride of the month was for the forum readers to chose. I guess I get left out?
When the nominations are in and nominations closed on the 15th a voting poll will be posted for the TC member to decide the RTOM

Quote:
Voting for the nominated vehicles will begin on the 16th each month via a posted poll in the ROTM forum. The ride that gets the most votes by Midnight Pacific the 28th each month wins.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 15, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockragtop View Post
Mike - The official nomination thread for August 2013 had pictures of three vehicles, so I used them. https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=231642 I figured they needed some recognition for never getting to the poll stage and their patience.

I now see your posting but it has no pictures so I missed your entry and thought it was just a comment posting.

You must have deleted the pictures from your Dropbox or the permissions changed because if I edit your post and try copy and paste your links I get 404 Dropbox - File not found. https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/0/AAD...hookY9HAkSEmRE

If you send me working links I'll award your vehicle the same as the other three.

You are all encouraged to enter the new ROTM starting April 2nd.

Brian

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 15, 10:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
The pictures can be any 3 pictures of the car. There is no requirement that they be specific views.

Rivets not allowed in ROTM pictures. Lol
How about Caution Fan stickers?

On another note: Excellent timing! Vega$ won't be able to win until his car is done giving others ample time to get swag!

Sold:
1968 Base hardtop 250 with a P̶G̶ built 2004r
Offy intake
Holley 390 CFM carb
Langdon split header to a 2.5" exhaust
Mild cam
Custom interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode