July 2015 RIDE of the MONTH Voting poll - Team Camaro Tech
Ride of the Month This is a contest for the community to choose which car is the Ride of the Month

View Poll Results: Time to vote for your favorite ROTM candidate for July 2015
#1 Karl - VetteFreak 1969 RS 21 19.63%
#2 Scott - NH69Z28RS 1969 Z28 RS 6 5.61%
#3 Alex - 1969RSCAMARO 1969 RS 7 6.54%
#4 TTwo - ttwo 1969 SS 5 4.67%
#5 Vince - 3forme 1968 Z28 RS 12 11.21%
#6 Lynn - bilodeaulynn 1969 Z28 8 7.48%
#7 Ron - RTee 1968 RS 6 5.61%
#8 John - 69OlympicGoldSS 1969 SS 11 10.28%
#9 Simon - slazisme 1969 SS RS 15 14.02%
#10 Mike - bigblockragtop 1967 RS 6 5.61%
#11 Chris - CKARAM 1968 10 9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 15, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Talking July 2015 RIDE of the MONTH Voting poll

Time to vote for your favorite ROTM candidate for July 2015

Presented in the order they were nominated in:

#1 Karl - VetteFreak 1969 RS

#2 Scott - NH69Z28RS 1969 Z28 RS

#3 Alex- 1969RSCAMARO 1969 RS

#4 TTwo - TTWO 1969 SS

#5 Vince - 3FORME 1968 Z28 RS

#6 Lynn - BILODEAULYNN 1969 Z28

#7 Ron - RTEE 1968 RS

#8 John - 69OlympicGoldSS 1969 SS

#9 Simon - slazisme 1969 SS RS

#10 Mike - bigblockragtop 1967 RS

#11 Chris - CKARAM 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 05:04 AM
Senior Tech
Darrell

Re: July 2015 RIDE of the MONTH Voting poll

For me this has been the hardest voting yet.. I cant decide between 2 cars.. Ugh..
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 06:20 AM
John

Garage

It's hard to decide between 11 cars

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 07:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
I'm going to sit out submitting until it calms down a bit.

...but my vote is in. For me it wasn't too difficult.

Sold:
1968 Base hardtop 250 with a P̶G̶ built 2004r
Offy intake
Holley 390 CFM carb
Langdon split header to a 2.5" exhaust
Mild cam
Custom interior
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 08:13 AM
Senior Tech
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post

I guess thats what I meant and I had finally narrowed it down to 2 and cant decide..
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 03:25 PM
Senior Tech
mike

If you scroll out(make the page smaller) you can actually see my car and maybe I will get another vote?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 05:20 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

It's comin' in fine on my end, Mike. Basically the same size as everyone else. Is that black or dark blue ? Not that it matters, but what color was it originally ? Good to see at least 1 67 in the mix.

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 06:01 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Great group of entries this time guys!

Tough choice.

Don ~ TC Member #15 ~

Don't mess with Texas!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockragtop View Post
If you scroll out(make the page smaller) you can actually see my car and maybe I will get another vote?
Yeah there are major problems if your browser is not set to auto resize, Firefox defaults to this setting and current version of IE, or if the auto guide code using vertical scope can't get access to the original photos in order to resize them due to security. You can go into your options for your browser and make sure auto resize is active.

We have so many issues with people hosting photos off site, and those sites being down or trying to gather information from viewers to spam them along with most of the time the links are broken. It makes many of our valuable threads on complicated procedure worthless once you delete the photos off your share, or they go out of business and the link shows up as a frog or a cat.

Membership here is cheap for lifetime and it protects your photos from these issues, and it supports this community. No one IMHO should balk at joining this community if you have gained one single tip or enjoyed a single posting. But off my soapbox.

I have been wrestling with photos in this contest and starting next month I will implement two changes in the entry rules to make managing this circus easier. Resolution and size of your photos based on the global website standards will be limited. New rules starting August 2015 ROTM:

Rules for nominations
Cars that are currently up for sale may not be nominated!
All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.
These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.
  • one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.
Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front, or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street entry and have mods listed in your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.

Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.

In addition for Resto/Mod vehicles:
Must include a list of the vehicles current Modifications.
Final Notes
  • Pictures must be of current state of car with the only exception being seasonal photos with winter tires on.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included in your listing.
  • If your wheels/tires/suspension/etc. are currently up for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • No "Future Modifications" either used to pad your listing.

So to recap those changes and clarify: You must post three recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels, and mandate that the photos all have the same angles so we are voting apples to apples and not apples to oranges, this also will keep the the photos current.

You can still host your pictures off site but the links must limit larger photos to the 640 x 480 web standard, some photo sites have these link options already calculated for you in your option settings such as photobucket.com, others do not. If not you must reload them to your share AFTER you have edited them down to the entry standard. I can help anyone resize your photos using windows paint already installed on your computer. There are free resizer on line as well, or free software you can load for your android and iphones

So the rules will be: Three photos required, one front/side angle (drivers side preferred), one interior shot taken from the open door, and one over all engine bay picture.

To make it more interesting I'll add in the optional fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front, or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street entry and have mods listed in your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc. This optional fourth photo is also limited to 640 x 480 and conforming to the no nudity rule

One last note, a few of you have asked about privacy. Again you can pm me and I will give you my email address and I can scrub all personal data collected about you by your camera/phone and embedded in the photo files prior to posting them. Also I understand a lot of folks have issues about their state plates showing. There is no reason why you should show your license plate in your photos if you are uncomfortable about it. It is not required for this contest. If you don't have the tech savvy to blur your plates in your photos, simply take them off prior to taking your entry photos, or cover them with paper or a cloth.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 15, 08:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

WOW, all VERY nice cars. Tough to pic just one.

68 Camaro SS 396 - 468 BBC now, M21, 12 bolt 3.73 coded housing but w/ 3.31 gears.
Looking for 68 Camaro with body number NOR 181016
CRG -
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 15, 06:30 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

All very nice cars. My vote came down to the best pic! Awesome garage TTWO !!!

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 15, 09:16 AM
Senior Tech
mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfields Maro View Post
It's comin' in fine on my end, Mike. Basically the same size as everyone else. Is that black or dark blue ? Not that it matters, but what color was it originally ? Good to see at least 1 67 in the mix.
Sorry I missed your post.
Thanks! The color is called black tulip. I did not want any sparkles, candy, or stripes. It looks very different depending on the time of day. It was originally red but when I got it it was silver with black stripes. Looked like every other Camaro.The rocker panels had to be replaced so it had to be repainted. My wife likes purple and it gets a lot of compliments on the color. Did not think I would win but figured why not try. Happy with the 4 votes I got, thank you!!! For some reason 67 is like the taboo year. When people see the car they love it, then ask "what year is it a 68", and I say no a 67 and their face drops. Makes no sense to me but whatever. With no A/C I love the wing windows. The 69's are by far the most popular. I think the 69's look sexy but the 67 and 68 look muscular.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode