September 2015 Ride of The Month Entries - Team Camaro Tech
Ride of the Month This is a contest for the community to choose which car is the Ride of the Month

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 15, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
September 2015 Ride of The Month Entries

September 2015 RIDE of the MONTH Entries!

The September ROTM is sponsored by
Prizes include
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through August 15th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. Submissions posted after 23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 15th will not be included in the competition

VOTING:

August 16th through August 27th: A poll will be added to this forum on the 16th containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most votes by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 28th of August will be the winner for the month of September!

Note changes in photos used to enter your ride.

Rules for nominations
Cars that are currently up for sale may not be nominated!
All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.
These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.
  • one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.
Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front, or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street entry and have mods listed in your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.

Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.

In addition for Resto/Mod vehicles:
Must include a list of the vehicles current Modifications.
Final Notes
  • Pictures must be of current state of car with the only exception being seasonal photos with winter tires on.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included in your listing.
  • If your wheels/tires/suspension/etc. are currently up for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • No "Future Modifications" either used to pad your listing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message

Last edited by 69-Pace; Aug 24th, 15 at 06:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 15, 05:35 AM
Senior Tech
Karl

Garage
Re: September 2015 Ride of The Month Entries

I would like to nominate "Jerrys 69 Z's" authentic X77 / code 67 Burgundy Z/28 from the upper midwest for the September ROTM process. He is having difficulties posting photos from his location and I offered to place them on the forum. Hope this is OK...good luck Jerry!

Karl / VetteFreak
69 Camaro RS 350/350TH...Burgundy...711-Black Int/Houndstooth Seats
2007 Corvette Conv. LS-2/A6...Monterey Red/Black Top & Int
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 15, 07:11 AM
Banned
Chet

Very nice. Such a clean engine bay. Impressive.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 15, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I have no issues with the proxy nomination if he sends me a pm. Post his pictures and details.

post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 01:47 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Note to Mods: The defined rules are making it harder to comply than just posting the 3 photos requested. The 640x480 is a 4x3 aspect ratio and most dslrs shoot a wider 3x2 ratio (640x427) these days. As well 640 seems really small to me. I actually think the 4x3 ratios are old school tube monitors ratios - 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768.

To comply this go around I had to crop, then resize drastically. The forum software resizes automatically and the viewer can click on the top strip above the photo to see the image in it's larger format.. Unless you have some size constraints you have to meet can you rethink both the size and aspect limitations for future months?

Here's my submission for Sept...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One repaint originally hugger orange, white top and black deluxe interior, this 1969 RS Convertible came equipped with fiber optic's, tilt column, center console, gauges and a power top.

Modifications Include:

Black Stafast cloth top, Houndstooth deluxe interior w/4th gen seats, 17" Budnik wheels and Z rated tires, Corvette disc brakes front and rear, Hotchkis drop springs, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis subframe connectors, Hotchkis rear frame brace and sway bar, Hotchkis X-brace, 700R4 OD transmission, 12 bolt posi w/3.42:1 gears, mild 383ci (stroker) making about 400HP/400FTLB.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00931-640.jpg
Views:	3036
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	118169   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00976-640.jpg
Views:	1308
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	118177   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06284-640.jpg
Views:	1339
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	118185  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00972-640.jpg
Views:	1311
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	118193  

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Good points Dennis but the newly established 640 ratio works best in the web frames autoguide is using and we can not adjust and the home page feature hates the wider pictures because the ads and other crape take precedence.

Also many folks complained that the larger photos would not load or hang the browser and I myself had several entries where the photos never downloaded and I had to jump through too many hoops to get them from restrictive photo share sites. I would be inclined if I could require all photos to be hosted here on TC meaning only paying members could enter, which should be a no brainier but has issues as we all know.

Its actually not a monitor display issue but it's a bandwidth issue and on the new and old mobile ap as well as just using safari the 1025 high def formatted photos quite often never load when they are that large due to bandwidth throttles and limitations from data providers. Many desktop browsers are blocking the software used to auto resize the photos since the software is also used to track your mouse clicks and make other invasive tracking notes to push you custom ads.

The standardization of poses makes the entries fair across the board requiring all entries to have the same poses, also to keep it honest as some of the early entries photos were years old. Lets people vote apples to apples not apples to oranges.

The majority of changes were made to make the contest fair across the board as we have sponsors now giving real value goods and services and not just promo materials that would give to anyone at a Sunday swap-meet.

I think the real issue is lack of interest in general. The volume of votes speaks the real issue about people not entering, we get less than 100 voters out of thousands of members and that requires several prodings. I just don't get it.

I understand its Summer but I don't see the masses of members running to enter their cars, but that are willing to post info about them in the forums. I had hoped the 100 buck prize GC would open the flood gates as we all know the cars are out there in members garages.

I await to be proven wrong that the October contest will fail to get the five minimum and will finish the run for this year. Am I just baiting members to enter? lets see.

Thanks for your entry.

post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 03:48 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I went back through and lots of photos submitted in Aug are larger and are different aspect ratios than 4x3 requested. I would hate to see anyone disqualified when the ROTM needs all the entries it can get. My concern is most folks don't really understand the ratio and size thing.

I've never had a problem opening any photos linked and displayed in the forums on my smart phone or my PC. The only ones that don't load initially are the ones this site hosts for the members (attachments). With those I have to click and load them outside the forum then come back and hover over them and they load as they should.

We can talk more in PM if you want, I only included it here thinking the conversation might draw more members into the thread and maybe we would get more entries from the extra traffic.

...Dennis

post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 04:05 PM
Senior Tech
kevin

so which set of pictures is correct, Karl or Dennis?
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Kevin they are both 640x480 regulation, just one hosted here and the other off site so no thumbnails.

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 05:08 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Kevin they are both 640x480 regulation, just one hosted here and the other off site so no thumbnails.
The ones hosted off site are 1600x1200 and 346.5k in size... The forum software displays they in 640 but if you click the bar above the photo it will open larger. The ones hosted here are 640x480 and are about 150k in size.

...Dennis

post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 05:16 PM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
The ones hosted off site are 1600x1200 and 346.5k in size... The forum software displays they in 640 but if you click the bar above the photo it will open larger. The ones hosted here are 640x480 and are about 150k in size.
Can I have your car?
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 05:24 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Can I have your car?
You watch too many episodes of counting cars! Just like Danny pulling guys over to tell them he wants their ride, you surf the forums and do the same! lol...

...Dennis

post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 06:29 PM
Senior Tech
Darrell

I have to agree with Dennis.. Take what you can get for now. Then if and when it gets traction start adding requirements.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 07:23 PM
Senior Tech
Nick

August 69 built X77 D80 with 86k & change original miles. Born with 302, BU rearend, & non matching m-21. The car was sold new at Hudiburg Chevrolet in Midwest City OK on Dec. 12 1969 and spent most of it's life in Choctaw OK. My wife & I are the 3rd owners & have owned the car since 1998. It's had one repaint in 1986 by Patrick O. the second owner and for the most part still shows well. Some of the options include AM/FM, Tilt, PS, Console Gauges, Deluxe Comfortwieve Interior, Front bumper guards etc.. Tom & Donna B., the original owners, still had the original flat hood when I last spoke to them aprox 10 years ago..

post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 15, 07:25 PM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
You watch too many episodes of counting cars! Just like Danny pulling guys over to tell them he wants their ride, you surf the forums and do the same! lol...
Every time I see posted pictures of your car I want it. Lol

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode