JUNE 2017 ROTM Nominations - Team Camaro Tech
Ride of the Month This is a contest for the community to choose which car is the Ride of the Month

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 17, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Exclamation JUNE 2017 ROTM Nominations

Pull off the car cover, back her out of the garage and celebrate Spring by entering the June 2017 RIDE of the MONTH

The Team Camaro Ride Of The Month is sponsored by

And

One Grand Prize Winner receives from NPD:
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

The First Runner-up receives from CoverCraft.com their choice of:
DashMat or SunScreen

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through June 15th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. Submissions posted after 23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 15th will not be included in the competition for this month

VOTING:

June 16 through the 30th : A Voting thread with poll will be added to this forum section on the 16th containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most votes by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 30th of June will be the winner for the month of June 2017.

Note changes in photos used to enter your ride.
Rules for nominations
Cars that are currently up for sale are not to be nominated!
All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.

These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.

• one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.

Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front, or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street entry and have mods listed in your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.
Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.
In addition for Resto/Mod vehicles:
Must include a list of the vehicles current Modifications.

Final Notes

• Pictures must be of current state of car with the only exception being seasonal photos with winter tires on.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed are not to be included in your listing.
  • If your wheels/tires/suspension/etc. are currently up for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • No "Future Modifications" either used to pad your listing.

JUNE 2017 ROTM Nominations

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 17, 07:46 AM
Apprentice
Rob

Garage
Re: JUNE 2017 ROTM Nominations

Here she is Old Blue!

Do it right the first time every time!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 17, 08:14 AM
Apprentice
Rob

Garage

PM sent to Admin

Last edited by 1Fast68Z; Jun 7th, 17 at 08:32 AM.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 17, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Received and replied by PM.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 17, 04:40 PM
Apprentice
Rob

Garage

Here is Old Blue
She still has her numbers matching 327/435 horse. Everything is original to the car except wheels and trans

Last edited by 69-Pace; Jun 18th, 17 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added details
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 17, 05:29 PM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Having checked with Brian to make sure it was okay...I want to enter my brother Gary's Camaro. I have included some pics when the Camaro was new, when it was found and what it looks like now.

The backstory....

Quote:
In the fall of 1977, as a 21 year old, two events happened in my life. First, I was selected to be on a game show-Match Game PM. I played well, and won $11,000.00 in one show. (Big bucks back then! As a point of reference, in January 1977 I had ordered a new Trans AM at a cost of only $7,300). The Trans Am was paid off when I bought it, so, I wanted a muscle car to play with. I had set out to find a GTO, but my brother Bruce told me about a Camaro that was sitting on the street next to my Dad’s house in Yorba Linda, CA. The most interesting part of his story was that it had the 396 “flags” like on a Chevelle. I asked him if the car had wing vents, and he said that it did. I told him that the wing vents made it a 1967, and that I didn’t think that a 396 was available until the 1968 model year.

I was wrong of course, as the big block cars became available mid-model year 1967.So I went to take a look, and true enough, a RS/SS Marina Blue, factory 396 – 325HP (L-35) California “black plate” car was just sitting on the street. The paint was oxidized, thanks to the dew and California smog, but there wasn’t any rust. Inside, the car had the “SS” gauges, a console, a four speed, the standard black interior, (the driver’s seat had a tear), the original AM radio, and the simulated walnut steering wheel. Outside, it had the hidden head lights, rear antenna, blacked out tail panel, and the 70’s typical after-market slotted dish mag wheels. Under the hood was a numbers matching big block, (MX), but with an after market aluminum high-rise intake, and 850cfm Holly with mechanical secondary. Missing was all of the smog equipment, but that was pretty common for the day. Other than that, the car was pretty much unmolested.

I approached the neighbors, and I was told that the car was their son’s, but it had to go. They told me that another neighbor kept asking to buy it, but that he already had “too many cars”. (The guy was a zone manager for Chevrolet, you think he knew the cars value?) So, a price was given to me, and the second event took place in my life. Are you sitting down?

I paid $800.00 for the car! That blows people away when I tell them, but back then, it was just a 10-year-old car. I had a friend come over to help get it started, and just drove it home. I did a good amount of “playing” on the streets of Southern California over the next year or so. I got married at the end of 1978, so with school, job, and family…the car began its long life with me, being what my wife likes to call “garage furniture”.

In the years that followed, I was able to find out more about the car. I soon came to realize that this Camaro was one to keep. The car was produced the last week of February, and sold new on 3/31/67 at Cone Chevrolet in Fullerton, CA. The production numbers for the 396 L-35 cars are low, around 4,000 units, against more than 200,000 Camaros built that year. Factor in a double option, “RS/SS” car, with a 4 speed, and the number of similar cars would be much less. This is a real car; clones didn’t even exist back when I purchased it.

Although I don’t have a Protecto-Plate (yet), the tags confirm the car as correct. I also now have 1967 photos from when the car was new, the original CA. registration, and a letter from the original owner. The original owners were the parents of Sonny Bryant, of Southern California drag racing fame. The family I bought the car from were drag boat racers. I believe that this “racing connection” is how the car changed hands from Sonny, to them, and then ultimately to me.(Take note of the photos of the car when it was new-it has the Cone Chevrolet “paper plate” in one picture, and the California black plate UEY673 in the other photo....then reference the license plate(s) shot. It’s the same plate)

In May 2001, I started the process to "on body" restore. Everything was removed, bagged and tagged. The next step was to be painted. Seven months later, the car came home, and the re-installation process began. Plenty has been done since then, and progress continues.

As everyone knows, the process is never done!

Gary

When new, delivered from Cone Chevrolet

Original registration showing UEY673 plate

More pics when new

And finally-as found

And the progression of plates, too!

Bruce

Donate Life, Become an Organ and/or a tissue donor
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 17, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Two very nice examples of well cared for Camaros. Keep them coming folks.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 17, 05:57 PM
Senior Tech
Jon

Here's my entry. Original 1967 RS, numbers matching. I bought it from the previous owner, who lost his interest during a restoration, last summer. I've spent the last year getting it running, putting in the entire interior, and having the suspension and brakes upgraded to something a little more modern than 4 corner drums.

Finally, just a hint of what I was working with in the interior about a year ago:
69-Pace and Smitty68 like this.

67 RS, 327/275, PG

Born Sierra Fawn on Gold, now Bolero Red on Gold

Not sure how many owners, but she's mine now...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Five more days to nominate so get out to the garage and dust her off, take a few pictures and post them here.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 06:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

Very nice cars guys!

68 Resto-Mod in progress..355sbc .350 Trans Rushforth wheels
My Build:
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Yes, indeed.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 17, 05:09 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage
Talking Re: JUNE 2017 ROTM Nominations

Here's our 69 350 SS. Purchased the car in August of 2012 and did some refurbishing over the years, this is not a restored car. This is a terrific car that has a lot of original parts and all sheetmetal, all drive train and interior (minus carpet and dash pad) are original and born with. The hood is original to the car as well. We have the POP, window sticker, and some other documents for the car. The car has been in our extended family since 1989 when it was purchased almost from its original owner, it was flipped twice relatively quickly in 89. I believe that it makes us the 5th owner. The car sits at just under 52K original miles today. I'm very fortunate to have an Uncle that can spot quality cars and then allow me to buy a car from him... Thx Chick!

ZZ_430, 69-Pace, Smitty68 and 1 others like this.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 17, 05:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

We have a great mix of all years. Awesome story and car Garth!

68 Resto-Mod in progress..355sbc .350 Trans Rushforth wheels
My Build:
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 17, 09:10 AM
Tech Team
Ken

First time ever out of shop. Owner built ( me) Ls engine 444 cid, Holley Dominator ecu, complete Speedtech suspension,Wildwood brakes, Legend trans, 9 inch Ford diff, mini tube, 3" stainless exh. Complete build by me including all metal work, interior,body work,engine assembly,ecu tune ( at this point) suspension, brakes etc. Special thanks to my buddy Ron for shooting the paint, and Larry at Bayless racing engines for the machine work and balance on the engine. ( moved the car outside for pics for insurance so I can drive later this week.)https://youtu.be/gbf59gNaa8Uhttps://...be/U2YR-Sf2qHc
Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
ZZ_430, 69-Pace and pittpens24 like this.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 17, 04:18 PM
Tech Team
Steve

Here's my entry for ROTM. It's a 1969 Z/28 tribute car. The build strategy was to keep looking like it would have on the dealers lot until you open the hood! It has a LS3, 480 hot cam GM crate engine with a Tremec TKO600 5 speed transmission, a 12 bolt rear with 3:55 gears, & Hotchkis suspension.

Last edited by Vega$69; Jun 15th, 17 at 05:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode