ROTM Yes or No - Team Camaro Tech
Ride of the Month This is a contest for the community to choose which car is the Ride of the Month

View Poll Results: ROTM Yes or NO
Yes bring it back monthly 33 60.00%
Yes but only Quarterly 13 23.64%
Yes but with some changes 4 7.27%
Not interested in ROTM continueing 6 10.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 18, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
John

Garage
ROTM Yes or No

As you know ROTM has not been up the past couple of months.

Do you want us to get it going again?

In the past we sometimes struggle to get entries and when the voting IMHO has been lackluster at best.

We have a lot of team members and the ROTM forum get a lot of hits yet the vote totals are relatively low.

Do we just do it quarterly instead of monthly?

Ideas for improvements?

Polls up.

Let us know what you want.

Yes bring it back monthly

Yes do it quarterly

Make some changes

Not interested in continuing ROTM

Thanks

Last edited by Vega$69; Mar 15th, 18 at 07:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 18, 04:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Re: ROTM Yes or No

Hi John
I like rotm and voted for it. I like seeing the cars no matter what year or how they are done. Some of them help me on the path i am on. I admit to lurking the topic sometimes because choosing between gems can be a challenge. The contest format encourages participation. Its all good.
68Tiger and Douro like this.

67RSSS......owned since 69. A basket case for most of it.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 18, 04:25 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

I like it....sure, more people in it would be nice.
Some things may or could be changed I guess.

I would like at least 1 month to be a project car only month ? maybe ? I like beaters just as much as a show car, and maybe more

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 18, 06:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dom

Garage

As the December 2017 ROTM recipient by a single vote I would like to see it continue! Since joining the forum in 2013 I have always looked forward to it and voted each month. I really enjoy hearing what others think about my car whether good or bad as well as seeing and reading about other members cars. From what I have seen its been educational, fun and everyone is respectful in their opinions. Like I have said before ROTM allows you a special opportunity to take your car out of the garage and share it with other car enthusiasts. After all half of the fun in owning a classic is sharing it with others. I vote YES bring it back monthly! JMO
Douro likes this.

1969 Camaro RS, 327ci, TH350 Automatic, Richmond 3:55 12 Bolt Posi, Norwood 11C build date. Recipient of December 2017 Team Camaro ROTM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 18, 09:44 PM
Team Member
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Tiger View Post
As the December 2017 ROTM recipient by a single vote I would like to see it continue! Since joining the forum in 2013 I have always looked forward to it and voted each month. I really enjoy hearing what others think about my car whether good or bad as well as seeing and reading about other members cars. From what I have seen its been educational, fun and everyone is respectful in their opinions. Like I have said before ROTM allows you a special opportunity to take your car out of the garage and share it with other car enthusiasts. After all half of the fun in owning a classic is sharing it with others. I vote YES bring it back monthly! JMO
X2, someday far in the future I will enter ROTM (hopefully)
68Tiger likes this.

Past: 74 Camaro HS car, 79 Camaro, 68 Firebird 350, 68 Firebird 400, 67 Firebird 326 Present: 69 Camaro, work in progress
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 18, 10:15 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

From the past, it seemed like finding enough entries/month was problem (for Brian) at times. So I vote quarterly. Or maybe whenever there's a minimum of 5 entries, whichever comes first ?

BTW, any updates on Brian (69Pace) ? I hope he's well...

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 18, 03:32 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

I love the ride of the month idea. Really enjoy seeing all the entries and see how they made their car their own as well as completely original entries. Since you have a hard time with getting entries every month with ALOT of people in the build process, why not change it up? Maybe alternate monthly between ROTM and BOTM(build of the month) for cars under construction and WOTM(wreck of the month) for us to post the pics of what we all started out with. Or best worst case doing it quarterly for upgraded prizes? Just my 2 cents
rgwiz likes this.

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 18, 03:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brett

Garage

How about a "Project of the Month"? Have people submit their projects. That way, the ones that can't yet submit for ROTM can offer their projects. Well, Stupid me. I didn't read the entry by Greg, and that exactly what he was suggesting.. duh. Oh, well. I like the "Build of the Month" also.

Brett......
rgwiz likes this.

1969 SS 396 X66 - RS Conversion - TKO600 - 3.73 Posi - Paint Code 71-LeMans Blue
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 18, 05:48 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

I liked ROTM and looked forward to seeing each months entrees. For the most part, the pictures and the entered cars are awesome.

Which leave me to ponder;
There may be some that feel their car is not good enough to enter. Maybe the Admins can encourage members with ..."not so nice"...cars to enter?

Yes, bring it back with changes. Every month is fine with me, and I also would like to see "projects in process", and "not so perfect" members car.

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 18, 06:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Send a message via MSN to Mike_M

I enjoyed ROTM and would like it to continue as it was, however I do appreciate it is a bit of work to keep up. I've entered a few times, and, once my car is finally put back together and I get some good pictures of it, I will do so again if it continues.
68Tiger likes this.

Mike...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 18, 08:59 AM
Senior Tech
Joe

I have enjoyed ROTM and voted to continue but currently only 33 votes to this poll you can see why this is fizzling out. I am not sure how long John is going to run the poll for but this might be an indication that it has run its course. I hope not but it appears that way to me.
rgwiz likes this.

Z282nv........."its gotta be red"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 18, 04:24 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

I've been thru this sort of thing as an administrator with another club web site.

It seems to be similar where about 10 percent of the membership is active on line while others mostly check in now and then. Those inactive members rarely post if they don't see a thread that's of interest. A big number of the membership may only come here if they need some advice.

The 37 or so who voted are probably the one's that check in on a daily bases.

If I may, perhaps the Admin can look at running the poll longer. If that's not a good idea, then oh well kill it.

I'm one of those that never got around to taking the right pictures so I could have entered my car. My mistake.
68Tiger likes this.

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 18, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
John

Garage

Polls been up only 2 days and will run for 2 weeks.

365 page views and 34 votes to keep ROTM. Certainly multiple page views by same members accounts for some of the delta between view and votes.

Thinking out loud I believe we need at least 100 votes to keep it up.
rgwiz likes this.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 18, 02:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dom

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Polls been up only 2 days and will run for 2 weeks.

365 page views and 34 votes to keep ROTM. Certainly multiple page views by same members accounts for some of the delta between view and votes.

Thinking out loud I believe we need at least 100 votes to keep it up.
Interesting statistics. So with that being said this tells me that in a 2 day period over 300 people visited or said another way were interested. You point out that only 34 of the 300+ visitors voted. A good example or smilar comparison of this would be a car show whereas you have guy's that competitively enter and guys who just show up to the event and give to the charity. Just because they do not enter their car does not mean they want to see the shows discontinued i.e. they just want to enjoy the event.

Sooo....the number of views whether multiple page views or not tells me the members are interested in the ROTM and enjoy seeing the cars. Just food for thought. No matter the final results thank you moderators for all that you guys do to keep this site interesting including letting the members decide this topic's outcome.
rgwiz likes this.

1969 Camaro RS, 327ci, TH350 Automatic, Richmond 3:55 12 Bolt Posi, Norwood 11C build date. Recipient of December 2017 Team Camaro ROTM.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 18, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
John

Garage

Right on the views not being relative to votes.

Could be 30 people visiting 10 times.

Thats why I feel votes are a determining factor and not views.

I think 100 people interested enough to vote is a reasonable threshold
68Tiger likes this.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode