Video of my 68 Camaro RS - Team Camaro Tech
Build Projects follow along start to finish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 13, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Oscar

Video of my 68 Camaro RS

Just wanted to share a video of my car and what I have accomplished with basic tools in my garage. I started this project as most with not much to work with. One great thing I had going for me is the body was pretty much great. Everything you see (and allot you don't) I did by myself with the help of this site, as well as a few more, and google. I see allot of nice builds on this site and the magazine's, and wonder how people have such a skill. My car has allot that can't normally be seen at first look. Since I don't have the skill/directions that allot of folk have, I just started with wanting a fast, good handling, car. So the result has me here.

68 Camaro RS
SBC 383 400rwhp, 580rwhp on nos

New FAST 2.0
Aeromtoive Stealth Tank
3" stainless exhaust with remote electric cutouts
Dyantech Header 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 (jet hot coated)
Stage 3 Extreme Automatics 200r4 tranny 3500 stall, trans brake, 2yr warranty rated at 100hp
3" drive shaft 1350 series
Vintage Air

Complete SP&C front suspension (Dual QA1)
subfram connectors
cal-tracs
moser rear 373 posi
4 wheel disc (factory 4piston front)
Hydroboost braking
Ididit chrome steering column
Delphai 600 steering box

American Auto Wire Classic Update Complete Wire Kit Car
Electris fan
Electric Headlights
Hidden wiper system by raingear
Dakota Digital Dash with several adds
Alarm system
power window/locks/trunk

Complete Nitrous system (has remote opener, warmer, Lean Shut down switch, Progressive controller, purge, remote bottle pressure gauge)

Stereo (with sub, and 2 amps)

New Interior ( nice kick panels with speakers)

Again thats just a brief summary. I have basically replaced everything on this car. I started out not knowing a whole lot, but has been a DRUG learning.

Wants:

1. I still need door panels. Can't find the Deluxe door panels anymore except in aftermarket, and so far I have been scared to order them from some of the feed back that I read of individuals saying they fit bad. I would really like to have a nice custom interior done, but funds seem to have slowed this. This is one area that I can't do and find it amazing when I see individuals who can do custom interior.

2. want some better tailights.

3. Better Rear Suspension/Upgrade. Maybe looking to do some sporty driving/track courses. It currently runs 10.6 in the 1/4.

And hey more power..lol I want to build a stronger N/A motor (I know why didn't I go with the LS??).

The list never stops....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 13, 04:00 PM
Senior Tech
Dennis

Re: Video of my 68 Camaro RS

Kudos brother…applause,applause,applause…..well done!
Nice Job through out ….you put all the bells and whistles in this one…Love everything about this car….and it's a driver…If you're ever in the Fayetteville area, let me know...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 13, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Oscar

Re: Video of my 68 Camaro RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool67 View Post
Kudos brother…applause,applause,applause…..well done!
Nice Job through out ….you put all the bells and whistles in this one…Love everything about this car….and it's a driver…If you're ever in the Fayetteville area, let me know...

Thanks for the props. I will let you know if I come that way, and I occasionally make it to your area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode