Another project, 1967 RS L30 - Team Camaro Tech
Build Projects follow along start to finish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 15, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff Spicoli

Another project, 1967 RS L30

Hi all. It's been a while since I finished up my first Camaro, and as I am on the verge of finishing up my '55 Bel Air 4-door family cruiser, I'm getting started on some of my other projects. This one is a car that I bought for my younger son, Chris, for his first birthday (can't start them too young) and have been getting the engine and other components ready for assembly over the past few years. I'm taking her pretty close back to original with some modifications. She was originally an RS, Marina Blue with black deluxe interior, 275HP 327 with a Saginaw 3 speed, 10-bolt rear end, and drum brakes. Although the engine that came with the car is a healthy '68 327, my friend had a '67 327 block with the proper code for an L30 car, albeit with a PG, so I bought that and had the same shop that built my ZL1 engine build the short block for me. My plan for her is to use the new 327 and a Muncie 4-speed that I purchased, as well as a 10-bolt that I had built for my first Camaro with 3.42 rear gear and posi, as well as install four wheel disc brakes, A/C, and lower her about 2 inches front and rear, along with a Hotchkis sway bar set. The family I bought her from did a tremendous amount of work and almost had her ready for paint, so much of the work that I had to do on my first car. I also have a thing for blue Camaros, and this one had to be mine!

Relax, all right? My dad's a TV repairman, got an ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

1967 Camaro RS ZL1 427/4 speed
1967 Camaro RS 327 L30 4 speed
1955 Bel Air 4-door, 350/TH700R4
1969 Camaro convertible X11 Indy 500 Pace Car, matching numbers 396/4 speed
1968 Camaro, Grotto Blue project car
1970 Camaro RS
My Mom's 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V Diamond Jubilee Edition
2000 Rolls Royce Silver Seraph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 16, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff Spicoli

Re: Another project, 1967 RS L30

Hi all. It's been way too long since I posted anything on Team Camaro, but I'm working on two cars simultaneously, and figured it was time for an update. A few years back I had Rex Hutchison's shop here in town build the short block 327 for this Camaro, but I hadn't gotten started on installing the RHS heads on it. So a few months back I had a rainy, quiet Saturday and decided to tear down the old '67 283 that was in my '55 Bel Air 4-door when I bought it, and since I'd put the ZZ430 clone I had originally built for my first Camaro into the Bel Air, I had this 283 up on the engine stand and wanted to see what condition it was in. To my surprise, once I got the insanely heavy cast iron 2 barrel intake manifold off the engine I found a really good set of internals, and to my surprise, a set of 1967 462 casting double hump heads. Since I like the thought of going "period correct", I decided to have these heads cleaned up and rebuilt, and installed on the short block back at Rex' shop. This should be a good match for a proper L30 car, and I'll talk to the shop manager about the cam recommendation for this engine. Perusing the YouTube videos, I love the sound of the old 30-30 cams, but I'll leave it up to the experts, and not my ears.

Relax, all right? My dad's a TV repairman, got an ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

1967 Camaro RS ZL1 427/4 speed
1967 Camaro RS 327 L30 4 speed
1955 Bel Air 4-door, 350/TH700R4
1969 Camaro convertible X11 Indy 500 Pace Car, matching numbers 396/4 speed
1968 Camaro, Grotto Blue project car
1970 Camaro RS
My Mom's 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V Diamond Jubilee Edition
2000 Rolls Royce Silver Seraph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode