Project Sad Steel - Team Camaro Tech
Build Projects follow along start to finish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 16, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Mark

Garage
Project Sad Steel

Started off in the welcome wagon. Brief history dad passed in Feb. 2016 and I got the car moved to my place in May. It's a 1968 RS/SS 396 unfortunately not a numbers matching car. Asked for some input and got some good stuff from a few of you. Plans now are stick with Island Teal paint and leave the interior alone cause it's in pretty good shape for 48 year old interior(only drivers seat and headliner need work). Gonna lower it 2" with 17" wheels. Dad had accumulated many parts over the years so I have a Muncie four speed and choice of 427,402,or 454. Gonna take which ever one the machine shop decides is in the best shape(machine shop owner knew my dad for 35+ years so I have complete trust in him. Gonna sell the other two to help cover some costs. Body is in pretty nice shape minus the window channels I assume from being an original vinyl top car. So far I have stripped the repainting down to the original and will stay that way till I get it road worthy hopefully by Feb 2017 so I can put dad in the passenger seat and do a few burnouts. I have been reading tons of threads on here and you all seem very knowledgeable and helpful so thank you in advance for any input help or ideas. For some reason pics are not uploading will try again tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 16, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Mark

Garage
The name I have it came from project deep gambits idea of using a code name generator.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 16, 04:49 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Project Sad Steel

LOL okay then Sad Steel it is. What's the first project on deck?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode