Pictures needed - Team Camaro Tech
Build Projects follow along start to finish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 16, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

Pictures needed

I've been lurking on this site for many years, recently decided to stick my head up out of the shadows.

I have a 67 Camaro that Dad and I bought 30 years ago to turn into a race car. It is a low/no option base model that we removed the entre floor and built a 2x3 frame that runs from the stock sub frame to the rear bumper. We originally set it up with ladder bars, coil-overs, and a 12 point cage. Unfortunately we never finished the car, Its been sitting outside in the weather for almost 30 years.

I decided that was long enough to wait and started re-vamping it. So far I've removed the ladder bars and replaced them with a triangulated 4 link, In the process of prepping for a new floor. My plan is to use a stock floor notched for the frame rails to pass through. Replace the 12 point cage with a 6 point (more street friendly setup). It will have 29x15x15 or 29x18x15. haven't decided yet, I have plenty of room for either. I am planning on having a rear seat of sort as I have young-uns.

I really need to see some pictures of Wide wheel tubs (not mini tubs) in cars that retained the rear seats. Need inspiration on how to tackle it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 16, 04:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage
Re: Pictures needed

Not sure what your style is but if I were building a pro-street type build, I would throw a bomber bench seat back there and build around it.

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode