Re: My 68' Camaro Daily driver build (as best I can)
Well my intent was to have her down for only a weekend, but one things leads to another, something doesn't fit, need to replace another part, waiting on parts, etc, has her down for just over a month. I also decided to go with a different brake kit up front.
So far I have replaced
Upper and Lower control arms (new ball joints)
inner and outer tie rods and sleeve (everything but the center drag link, steering knuckles, and steering knuckle arms)
New hubs with longer wheel studs (associated bearings and seals)
2" drop Hotchkiss coil springs
1-1/8" Swaybar from Summit
Master Cylinder from Drum/Drum to Disc/Disc
17x8 front and 17x9 wheels to fit over disc brake conversion
and finally new caliper, rotors, stainless steel brake hoses.
The front brake kit seen above picture used 2k Camaro Z28 brake and calipers. The new kit I am using is based on C4 rotors and C5 Calipers/pads from CPP. Iam starting to feel good as the front end now looks like a car again, verse an empty wheel well. I was looking forward to getting the front disc brakes installed and bled. Well, I got stuck at mounting the calipers. As you can see in the attached pictures, the caliper bolt is hitting the rotor and is not yet fully tightened. So far CPP has been responsive and has asked for pictures (same ones here are what I sent). I will update post with their response. In the meantime, if anyone has ideas, maybe I am doing something wrong, please let me know. Keep in mind, I am a self taught backyard mechanic.