Custom 305 build - Team Camaro Tech
Build Projects follow along start to finish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 18, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
STEVE

Custom 305 build

Hi all, My name is Steve and I have been working on a project for 20 yrs which is finally coming to an end and a new beginning. In 1997 I started to build Replica Lamborghini Diablo but wanted the car to be an exact copy but using a chevy you motor. I found a kit that was close to original bought a 1989 chevy 350 rpm from an iroc and thought it would be smooth sailing but it was far from that. Basically everyone In the kit car business ripped me off so I went into business myself to clean up the industry and get rid of the videos which I did when I took apart a real Diablo and copied the chassis only to have the first one made stolen by my competitor who now takes credit for the Diablo replic chassis,but he was sued by lamborghini and is no longer allowed to be in this industry but I am alive and kicking and the car I've been building is finally done except someone swapped my engine block out for a 305 Which I found out when I sent it out to be built but it was sentimental because originally tgis was a father sin project so I continued on with the build of the 305 block which has caused me nothing but problems because I don't know what year it's from or even whT car it's from and I don't know if the distributor or any of the other parts they swapped will work properly. I've gone through multiple computers, spark plugs and sensors and think I'm pretty close to having this running right. It's was built to a 310 with sip flat torque runners and world products heads with oversized valves and everything was sent to street and performance to have the injectors cleaned and every thing chromed that could be. It is a beautiful engine and I finally realized I needed a 305 prom. I'm running an 87 rpm but the block may be an 85 or earlier. It sounds mean but I'm still having problems the most annoying is a high pitch squealing that happens on startup sometimes or when you given it a good push on the throttle. I don't know if this is belts or something internal. I've read it could be the valves. I hope not as this was a bitch just to make all the custom mounts and brackets for the pumps, engine and trans at so pulling it apart again for the 5th time or more would be brutal. I already had to send the engine back because it was spewing oile everywhere.tge company that did the build swore it wasn't their fault but rebuilt it anyway and would you believe problem went away. Now is the question which I really need someone local that can look at it personally to tell me what needs to be done to make it run right. I'm sure it needs a proper tune but being such a custom built car it is something I don't trust anyone to work on. Mainly because everyone that has as screwed it up ripped me off and set me back years so if there's anyone in Southern California preferably near Palm Desert Palm Springs area I would love it if you could come help me out with this especially if you know how to tune the ECM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180302_201527_1520376774078.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	206945   Click image for larger version

Name:	15203767895481879827479_1520376809063.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	206953  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 18, 04:14 PM
Senior Tech
mike

Re: Custom 305 build

Dude do us a favor and break it up some with some indenting, paragraphs, spacing etc.

It's very hard to read that. I didn't even attempt to read it.

1967 convertible T-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode