HELP! 1991 Z28 LT1 Procharger Build - Team Camaro Tech
Build Projects follow along start to finish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Probationer

Hey GM maniacs I need help! I’m building a 350 LT1 5.7L TPi Procharged build. I know how a base Tpi 350 works but I don’t know it’s limits. The dream is Procharge the 350, throw a T56 built tranny behind it, and a quick swap rear end for 4.10, 3.73, 3.53 gear swaps. I understand the tranny will need the works for a 500hp motor, clutches, servos, trans break, lock line. I’m just not certain what engine components won’t withstand the boost. I’ve heard my bearing caps will expand and shred my block. I’ve heard it’s not possible at all. I’m young and this is my first build. Looking for help specific items that will need backed up, reinforcement, or just completely swapped. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 06:36 AM
John

Garage
Re: HELP! 1991 Z28 LT1 Procharger Build

#1. With a T56 and 3.73 or 4.11 you'll have enough low and high that there is no need for a quick change.

A T56 magnum will handle 500 hp easy without any upgrades. There are no servos or clutches. You can not put a trans brake on a manual transmission.

Is your 350 forged? What CR? 4 Bolt mains? Heads? This will all play into how much boost the engine will take.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 07:00 AM
Apprentice
Darrell

Re: HELP! 1991 Z28 LT1 Procharger Build

yup what he said... also, call ProCharger tech support, they can help advise which head unit and amount of boost to run.
Money spent on the bottom end will pay off in the long run. the PC can be added later.

Fly Low and Avoid the Radar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode