Build Projects follow along start to finish

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ktrim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 19, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

And another question

A while back I started this thread about bringing my half built 67 race car back from the dead https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...bout-time.html . At the end I was contemplating taking it back to stock-ish. Well that is the plan. In the process of turning it into a race car, a lot was cut out that I have to now put back (floors, rear frame, inner structure, etc..) Ive lost a lot of reference points. I am building a jig to square it up and get it back close to where it needs to be to start welding. I have nothing to hold the rear half of the car up while positioning the frame rails and floor. I am hoping someone has a car on a jig and can grab a measurement for me.

Rear bumper mount bolt Height from the Datum line - Its the only point I have to hold the back of the car in position at the moment.

I also need the measurements of the bolt holes in the inner fender brace bracket that is welded to the firewall on the body mount box - Mine are cut off, I need to make new ones.
yellow69RS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 19, 06:20 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dale

Re: And another question

Can you drop a few pictures so we can visualize what you have going on.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 19, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

Re: And another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triman8654 View Post
Can you drop a few pictures so we can visualize what you have going on.
There are a few pictures in the thread linked in the first post.

Basically I have a 67 that was being turned into a bracket race car. The entire floor and a lot of the inner structure was removed for frame rails and huge wheel tubs. I am taking it back to a "closer to stock configuration". Currently the only real reference points I have are the firewall frame mounts, rocker panels, and tailpanel. I plan to retain the tail panel, Due to the changes on the car the tailpanel has sagged down. This resulted in the rockers sagging, Rear window opening flattened slightly and quarters panels have bowed/moved causing door misalignment.

I am building a modified jig to support the shell by the Rocker panels and firewall frame mounts to square and level the front 2/3 of the shell. I need to determine how high the tailpanel is in relation to the datum line measurements available for the frame locations. This will allow me to support the rear 1/3 of the shell by the bumper mount holes in the tailpanel. It will assist with the placement of the rear frame rails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode