Build Projects follow along start to finish

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skates_236

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 19, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeremy Tovar

My 68 build thread

So here is the link to my original build thread: https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...ld-thread.html, after the "Great Hack" I was unable to get into my original account even after resetting my password multiple times. I'm going to attempt to keep this thread going (will see more activity after my deployment). until them I'm just buying and itemizing parts to buy so they will be there when I get home. If I can remember everything correctly, the ID said that It was I believe a March build from Norwalk, OH.(Probably fix this when I find correct info) before I left I was taking apart the rear end to replace the Ring and Pinion: https://www.camaros.net/forums/27-tr...nion-gear.html (good news!) I ended up getting it out and was cleaning everything up and getting things ready to go back together, but then I left. Lucky for me I was a to find a digital AIM, and had all my boxes marked back home so I knew what I had, since them I have been Wish listing parts on multiple sites in preparation to order. I'll also try to up load Pictures soon, not sure if the link in my previous thread still works so I'll likely post a new one.

So my plan is to keep the car looking "Original" but upgrading things that are needed such as Steering and Brakes. Front end currently has 2" drop springs and plan on adding the hideaway headlights, that I have in a box. For the engine I don't plan on doing anything crazy probably just build a 350. Also sitting on the floor of my garage is a TH-400 that I plan to install. Most of the parts I don't currently need, such as door cards and interior pieces are in storage unit, and like most everyone else all the trim pieces are in the trunk. I did end up cleaning and polishing four hub cap centers and they have been placed in plastic bags for safe keeping.

Feel Free to ask any question!
VitaminC likes this.

1968 Camaro

Photos:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 19, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeremy Tovar

Re: My 68 build thread

been browsing parts and looking through the AIM, trying to get the parts I need.

here is a link https://tinyurl.com/y5grlalh to my build album on Facebook, hopefully its viewable, if not please let me know so I can adjust the settings.

well back to looking and adding parts to wish lists!

1968 Camaro

Photos:

Build Thread:

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 19, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeremy Tovar

was browsing consoles today, which made me remember this post: https://www.camaros.net/forums/27-tr...first-gen.html from my previous user name/account.

is the best way to install it with a spacer plate? buy a complete console? buy in pieces? is there anything else "special" that needs to be done during install? also does anyone have any pictures of a hurst duel gate in their cars? going to keep researching this.

1968 Camaro

Photos:

Build Thread:

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 19, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeremy Tovar

Does anyone else keep a complied list of parts to buy?

I have all mine in a spread sheet by which place I'm buying from and also for stuff I know that's in boxes in the garage.

this has been an interesting journey so far, its interesting when you just sit back and thinking about what you've done with your car and the vision you can see of it in the future. there are times, when, even though I have no interior other than the driver and passenger seats inside that I'll sit there and just think about things? does anyone else do this? for most of us, we probably aren't the original owners....(if you are congrats you're among a select few).. I just wonder if the car could talk, what would it have to say? what has it seen? what adventures has it been on? well I may never know the past of the car or how it came from Ohio to California, but I can prepare for the future to make the car have new adventures to go on and new places to see little by little it will be finished.

So from me to you I *raise a glass* here's to all our projects and future adventures!

1968 Camaro

Photos:

Build Thread:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 19, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeremy Tovar

after the last few weeks of going through the AIM page by page here is a list of probably 98% of the parts I need to buy, this is not including the engine or Exhaust components. I'm sure there's some other parts that I will need along the line, but I'll pick those up as I get to them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camaro Parts.pdf (65.2 KB, 14 views)

1968 Camaro

Photos:

Build Thread:

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 20, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeremy Tovar

First 5 items from the Above list ordered, another order to clear out the Classic Industries list will be placed soon. The above list has been modified a bit since it was posted, few things deleted due to being ordered with other items.

first order is scheduled to arrive on the 4th of January.

1968 Camaro

Photos:

Build Thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode