Just general HEI questions and discussion: - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 11, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Just general HEI questions and discussion:

A) Please forgive as i don't know jack about distributors. It's going to be very un-organized and seemingly the thoughts will come out of nowhere or left field at first.....

B) You may want to get popcorn and your favorite drink of choice; i think it's going to be that type of thread and i want it to be that kind of thread.

1) Who makes the gmpp distributors and where is it made and where are ALL of the individual components are parts made? What about the regular goodwrench and/or AC delco units?

a) regarding modules: Does gm still make/offer modules? If so where are they made and who,specifically, makes them? How is the present quality?

ai) Are there any other companies that offer modules EQUALLING OR EXCEEDING the quality dependability of gm modules at their highest?--- If, in fact, the quality of gm modules has declined.

aii) Are there any other companies that offer complete distributors and/or other parts that equal or exceed original gm quality?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 11, 03:26 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Re: Just general HEI questions and discussion:

For our older non injected ecu cars we need to run the early model GM module...refered to as the 4 pin.
Yes way back in the 70s they where very reliable....more reliable than damn near every other manfacture ford toyota what ever....Still use hest sink when install but far more robust when exposed to heat and the big killer vibration.
HEI modules got a reutaion that spilled over undesrvely to the GM modules
The GM module was/is used as an upgrade to the dodge modules and also popular with high reving motorbikes and rotary engines.
Yes one can still buy GM HEI 4 pin modules and dizzys
And up to the 1990s they where improved upon....as to late than that ,or if now made inChina I do not know and cant comment on that.
If they are made in Korea then I would assume like other korean products they would be Quailty.
Quote:
Are there any other companies that offer complete distributors and/or other parts that equal or exceed original gm quality?
Interstingh statement...
It seems GM people tend to write off the GM moduale in favour of aftermarket units, yet non GM people favour them?????
And yes there are aftermarket companies that market their products with so called "independant research" that when one follows up the pararameters /intructions for that "reseach" it becomes aparent the methodolgy determines a preconceive outcome suitable for their propaganda ...sry marketing BS.

For any street /strip or cruiser I would and do go GM every time
For high end track..which is usuallt dedicated track with locked timing high end stuff then go magnetos , crank triggers .....
What works on the track usually is unsuitable for street...or in the case of MSD ideal for they guy who doesnt take care of HT leads maintance and a multi spark at low rpms is a great patch fix to cover up lazy ness.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode