67 international c1100 - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Thomas

67 international c1100

I have a 67 c 1100 straight 6 numbers matching ,plan to restore would it be worth keeping original ,or should I just hot rod it ?. How hard would it be to put a chev v8, would I have to change rear end or would it hold 350 to 400 hp?, don't know what kind of rear end they come with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: 67 international c1100

Nice find/ride. International made trucks, still do.
282 CID 6-cyl, 3.94:1 Rear axle, I believe, check glovebox door on the tag, should be listed.
A bonafide workhorse.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Thomas

Thanks everett. I paid 400 bucks the owner had started to restore , gave me all the receipts from day one he was original owner 80 k miles all the old timers call the engine a peay thrasher it runs like a sewing machine ( very quiet )

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Thomas

So should I keep it original or chop it up . Don't want to miss lead anyone, it's not perfect by no means but it's a very solid truck.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 12:33 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

It's a cool truck but it's an ugly truck that would not be easy to make into a cool street ride. I'd restore it stock in appearance and only upgrade the drivetrain if you can't get what you need out the stock drivetrain. How do you plan to use the truck? Work, weekend driver or doing shows?

Just me, I'll spend a lot longer milling over an old truck like that restored 100% stock than one that is modified but if I owned it I'd want to be able to use it. Meaning good braking, good suspension and enough power to haul a load and get me home at the end of the day.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Thomas

I thought about using it for selling my blueberries , I have a huge patch 90+ bushes , I sell them at local farmers market, so it would be my blueberry buggy: just something cool
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 03:27 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83zee28 View Post
I thought about using it for selling my blueberries , I have a huge patch 90+ bushes , I sell them at local farmers market, so it would be my blueberry buggy: just something cool
JMO here, keep it stock looking, the farmers market crowd will be more attracted to it. When you sell berries display the truck like it's at a car show, hood up looking factory fresh etc. It will draw folks to your produce. Think '60s signage and you'll be all set!

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 11, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Thomas

The tough part, finding parts, everything works on it , lights ,heater, radio etc., where I got lucky is the grill and reverse lenses ( glass) are mint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode