Emissions - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 11, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Eric

Emissions

I thouight I might post this for anyone having trouble passing emissions with an older carburated vehicle. Use a lil ethanol

So my 1985 k-10 truck had a bit of a problem passing emissions this year. My CO reading was comming up hot every time, over 100 when the limit was 45. I got a new Cat installed and it still did not pass, dropped my CO in half to 50(5 points away from passing). Went home again and tried retarding the timing by about 5 degrees and disconnecting the vac hose from the dist. I retested and I was back up to 100 again(AHHHHHH). So, I went home reattached the vac and ran a mix of 40% E-85 to 60% Gas... in a 5 gal mix (be careful you don't over do it), CO came back at 12.4 way under the limit of 45.
YAY!
After 5 tests and about 4 cases of beer we finally got this pig to pass.

I hope this comes in handy for someone and saves you the cost of 3 cases of beer

Cheers!

Eric.B
Denver, CO
1967 Camaro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 11, 06:53 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Emissions

Thanks for the tip! It hasn't come to CO testing in my area yet thankfully but no telling when it will.
This thread should be in the tips & tricks section.

Ron
The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An exercise in interchangeability on a Well optioned 67 SS 350 vert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode