I really hate to ask this question: - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 12, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

Send a message via AIM to Winch Send a message via MSN to Winch
Talking I really hate to ask this question:

The wife wants a classic Mustang so I'm looking for a 64-67 (maybe 68-69). Does anyone know a website for stangs that's as good as Team Camaro is for our Camaros?

She wants PS and A/C so I need to research how to add those and where to find the parts or after market kits etc.

Oh I shoud mention she wants a stang because she says driving my 68 RS vert scares her (too much horsepower). A Mustang WOULD be a good cure for that fear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 12, 08:01 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Buck

Re: I really hate to ask this question:

I've never been there, but these are associated with this site...
https://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch View Post
The wife wants a classic Mustang so I'm looking for a 64-67 (maybe 68-69). Does anyone know a website for stangs that's as good as Team Camaro is for our Camaros?

She wants PS and A/C so I need to research how to add those and where to find the parts or after market kits etc.

Oh I shoud mention she wants a stang because she says driving my 68 RS vert scares her (too much horsepower). A Mustang WOULD be a good cure for that fear!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(far superior to the Pontiac Phoenix)

The Internet. It doesn't make you stupid. It just makes your stupidity more accessible to others.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 12, 08:14 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

My first classic was a '67 Mustang. It was way too big of a project for me at that time, so I never finished it. A couple of years ago I started looking for another one, but liked the Camaro's styling much more, and just saved up for what I really wanted. However, when researching the Mustangs, I found they were much cheaper than the Camaro (i.e. a $20,000 Camaro was equivalent to a $13-14,000 mustang).

64 1/2-66 Mustangs were the smaller body style. I think they got just right in 67-68, and I don't like the 69+ as much. 67's didn't have the side marker lights, so it was a cleaner look.

There are just as many aftermarket parts for Mustangs as for Camaros. You can literally build one out of a catalog. My wife keeps nudging me to find a convertible for one her. I have tried to explain that the Camaro and the Mustang would probably get into a fist fight if they were sharing the same garage space at night...that doesn't seem to deter her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 12, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
I've never been there, but these are associated with this site...
https://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37
Good looking site. Thanks
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 12, 09:47 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Would she be pissed if you left a L6 or 327 Camaro with A/C and power steering in the driveway instead?

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 12, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Would she be pissed if you left a L6 or 327 Camaro with A/C and power steering in the driveway instead?
That's a good question and I'm not sure of the answer. I do know that I wouldn't rest until it was completely restored and something I'd be proud of and I can't afford another restoration project at this time. If we go Mustang it will be one ready as a daily driver. I know what I'll have to spend for that. Adding PS and/or A/C can be figured into the intial investment.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 12, 04:04 PM
Senior Tech
Russ

Try Stang-aholics for parts. Not sure on forums. I have nothing against Mustangs and have several friends with them. I like the 65-67 fastback done up like a GT-350 clone but without the badges. I'm not too fond of the 68 and later years.

Russ (RJ)
The Garlic Capital, Gilroy,CA

(sold June 15,2014) 1968 RS convertible that is not quite stock

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 12, 04:17 PM
Senior Tech
John

I'm a member of Stangnet.com if that helps. Lotsa members. Breaks down the different generations of 'em also.

- John
Misfit tortured soul. Lone wolf. Unicorn.
'67 V8 Camaro - 12637, 797-Z (Parchment), M-M (Royal Plum), 2M, 3K, 5Y
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 12, 07:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Michael Gekko

I like the styling on the '64-70 fastback 'stangs. I don't care for the engines or the way they ride or drive. Look cool to me though, especially the '69 Fastback Boss whatever that is all jazzed up.

1968 Camaro NHRA/IHRA SS/C 'Super Stocker' 396/Jerico
1968 Street/Strip Camaro 350 w/PG
1968 Caprice NHRA/IHRA Stock ELiminator O/SA 327-250 HP

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It Takes a Long Time to Grow Old Friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode