dodge trouble - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Big daddy

dodge trouble

My sons 2003 stratus,the heat will not heat,I changed the stat,no change heater core not leaking.Hose to heater core hot.the heater controls work in all positions.Could the heater core be blocked?Thanks hate non chevy troubles.

67ssclone 383 4spd 3.73 vintageair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: dodge trouble

Check both hoses in and out of the core. Both warm, core works, return hose is cold, core plugged.

Could be the air temp door/actuator not working.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 05:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Check the inlet hose and the outlet hose on the heater core. If the inlet is hot but the outlet is cold....the core is bad and hot water is not flowing through it.

Kev

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 05:28 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

There may also be a heater control valve on the hose going into or out of the heater core. I would think something like that would be in the engine compartment, but who knows or if that vehicle even has one but if it's stopping the water flow it could make you think the core is plugged up.

Jim

1974 Spirit Of America Nova (being restored), 1973 Nova Custom, 1968 Chevy II (Garage Find 2012)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 06:34 PM
Senior Tech
Al

I just went through this with my 98 Dakota - not that it's necessarily a Dodge only problem. I backflushed the heater core and it now works great.

Felt the hoses and found one hot and one cold, so assumed that the hot was the in and the cold was the out. Disconnected both at the engine and blew all of the coolant out gently with compressed air. Used a funnel and poured half a bottle of CLR into the outlet hose and let that stew in there for an hour. Then hooked the garden hose to the outlet side of the heater core and flushed all of the crap out in the opposite direction of normal flow. Hooked it back up and the heater works great.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 12, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Big daddy

checked hose and found one hot inlet and the other just barely warm,will try the back flush thing.Thanks all,will report back.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 12, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Big daddy

Hey guys,thanks a bunch,did back flush on heater core and,it worked.So hot now could hardly stand it.Now I'am still a hero to my son.He thinks dad can do anything.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 12, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by carhodge View Post
Now I'am still a hero to my son.He thinks dad can do anything.
Most important point in Son's mind. Congrats!
We parents are their 'rock.'

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode