02 Trailblazer Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 14, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

02 Trailblazer Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor

I posted over at Trailvoy but no responses.

Anyone know if a broken Fuel Tank pressure sensor would keep the fuel pump from engaging?

Long story short, fuel lines on top of fuel pump sending unit rusted through the other night, old truck is back up work truck, but GF hit deer the other night in her brand new car (had it two days), so she drove Trailblazer to work, called said she smelled gas, I inspected and saw gas pouring from top of tank.

Pulled tank, replaced fuel pump with salvage yard one, reinstalled and truck cranks and cranks, can't hear pump activate, so pulled again, took pump motor out of my old Fuel pump assembly (cuz I know it was pumping) put in new assembly, put back in and same thing, crank and carnk, no sound from tank.

Pulled again, noticed I must of snapped fuel tank pressure sensor off when putting tank back on the first time (long night, must have forget it when I pulled the second time as it was hanging on harness.)

So, I'm wondering if the sensor being snapped off and not inserted in tank, is telling computer not to engage fuel pump???

I've googled, but can't find anything other than it's an emissions sensor that shows leak in system or gas cap off etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 14, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

Re: 02 Trailblazer Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor

Well on the off chance this ever happens to anyone else, I will answer my own question.

Yes, the fuel pump will engage and the vehicle will start with out a fuel tank sensor.

It will not however start, if you push out a needle connector in the 4 pin harness trying to hook harness up by feel because they don't give you enough lead wire to without tank almost set up in place.

Pulled tank, got under truck and inspected harness, saw a pin connector missing and saw it shoved out the back side of connector, push it back in, super glued it, cut harness and added extra lead wires so I could line dang the thing up by site instead of feel, put tank back in and vroom, vroom.

Put new sensor in anways, cuz it does throw codes without it however.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode